CGTalk > Software > Maxon Cinema 4D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #61
wbj
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navstar
So what version of OpenGL does R15 use when running on Mavericks? AFAIK, it's still running OpenGL 2.x.

Mountain Lion supported OpenGL 3, but Cinema never supported it on the Mac side. And I don't see any info about R15 supporting OpenGL 3 on the Mac, not to mention OpenGL 4 and Mavericks.

Cinema 4D R15 and CineBench R15 use OpenGL 3(.x) by default - cross plattform (and on OS X 10.7 and newer on the Mac) - and so did Cinema 4D R14.

OpenGL 2.x is just a fallback for outdated OS versions (e.g. OS X 10.6) or outdated Windows drivers and hardware.

Best regards,

wbj

Old 10-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #62
IceValley
Scholar
Ben
Consulting - 3D -
Ice Group Inc
France, Belgium

....C4D R15 and Maverick With New Imac I7 - 8 Thread

Hi,

I just Bought Two New Imac Haswell I7 (8 Threads) and Mac OS 10.9 Installed

I test differents things but there is a big problem with team Render....

When we use C4D in local render, i don't have any problem, but when i try to use Team Render in Local or over the network with some other computer, simply... IT doesn't work....

Different case:

1 - If i use the option "team render to Picture View" in local use all the time after 15 to 20 sec it stop and nothing Append.

2 - If i want to use it, over the network with 1, 2, 3, 5 different computer(Mac under Snow Lion and mavericks or PC under Windows7 64 bits) alone or all together all the time, I have...

- Received Render-Job form machine......
- Download of Asset Failed
- Removed Render-Job job pv

It's the same, in many different configuration

- New Imac for Master Control and other computer are client
- New imac is client and i try to use a Imac under Os Snow Lion for master and also a PC but all the time imposible to use it in team render.

But some times, the sun is coming....

In stand alone render and in render queue Line, i have any trouble it's work perfectly.....

So any body have any solution, or information about this problem.

Is there a solution, any Upgrade....?

Oups when i play a complex animation under the new Imac I7 - 3.5 ghz - 8 Threads - comparatively at the old Imac I7 - 8 Threads - 3.4 Ghz.... The new one goes app. twice at the old One.... It's really nice

In advance thank's you

Last edited by IceValley : 10-31-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #63
dann_stubbs
insert witty tag here

Dann Stubbs
Systems Admin - ex 3D guy
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceValley
Hi,

I just Bought Two New Imac Haswell I7 (8 Threads) and Mac OS 10.9 Installed

I test differents things but there is a big problem with team Render....

When we use C4D in local render, i don't have any problem, but when i try to use Team Render in Local or over the network with some other computer, simply... IT doesn't work....

Different case:

1 - If i use the option "team render to Picture View" in local use all the time after 15 to 20 sec it stop and nothing Append.

2 - If i want to use it, over the network with 1, 2, 3, 5 different computer(Mac under Snow Lion and mavericks or PC under Windows7 64 bits) alone or all together all the time, I have...

- Received Render-Job form machine......
- Download of Asset Failed
- Removed Render-Job job pv

It's the same, in many different configuration

- New Imac for Master Control and other computer are client
- New imac is client and i try to use a Imac under Os Snow Lion for master and also a PC but all the time imposible to use it in team render.

But same the sun is coming....

In stand alone render and in render queue Line, i have any trouble it's work perfectly.....

So any body have any solution, or information about this problem.

Is there a solution, any Upgrade....?

Oups when i play a complex animation under the new Imac I7 - 3.5 ghz - 8 Threads - comparatively at the old Imac I7 - 8 Threads - 3.4 Ghz.... The new one goes app. twice at the old One.... It's really nice

In advance thank's you

for the team render stuff you may want to read this thread

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...04&page=1&pp=15

basically it is mostly suffer through it with the rest of us. (unless you are on the beta team then it seems)

i did at one time have the exact same issue you mention and no idea why, i finally gave up and reinstalled (exactly the same way) and the second time it worked for some unknown reason.

dann
-

Old 10-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #64
NWoolridge
Expert

One potential Mavericks issue is that the default file sharing protocol has changed from AFP (Apple File Protocol) to SMB (the standard windows file sharing protocol). In other words, if you enter a server address in the "Connect to server" dialog, and don't specify the protocol, it will assume SMB. AFP is still there, it is just no longer the default. Clearly this indicates that Apple is throwing in with SMB long-term, and AFP will likely be deprecated in the future.

This has potential advantages in mixed platform shops, of course.

I wonder whether this might cause issues with apps the share files over the network, as team render does?

Old 10-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #65
dann_stubbs
insert witty tag here

Dann Stubbs
Systems Admin - ex 3D guy
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWoolridge
One potential Mavericks issue is that the default file sharing protocol has changed from AFP (Apple File Protocol) to SMB (the standard windows file sharing protocol). In other words, if you enter a server address in the "Connect to server" dialog, and don't specify the protocol, it will assume SMB. AFP is still there, it is just no longer the default. Clearly this indicates that Apple is throwing in with SMB long-term, and AFP will likely be deprecated in the future.

This has potential advantages in mixed platform shops, of course.

I wonder whether this might cause issues with apps the share files over the network, as team render does?

it should not since TR uses it's own transport/data that i can tell.

dann
-

Old 10-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #66
vid2k2
Expert

CS6 / AE and Mavericks Patch

To save anyone from a possible "WTF !!!" moment ...
You'll need to install a 11.0.3 patch... as well as a possible Java update.

EDIT: For some reason ... they changed it to:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downlo....jsp?ftpID=5661

iMac 3.06 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 16 GB / OS 10.9.5 / C4D StudioR12 / CS6

R.I.P. 11.02.11 ... my dear friend .

Last edited by vid2k2 : 11-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #67
Activator
curious member
John Alexander
NY, USA

Yes. I decided to go to Mavericks over the weekend, even though I had a big project starting Monday morning. I never thought AE CS6 would be a problem. I almost feinted when I launched AE and it said it was incompatible with Mavericks! Yikes. The 11.0.3 patch solved the issue and everything has worked perfectly since then, including all the usual plugins. I would recommend a re-start after applying the patch.

http://www.activateyourimage.com

Old 11-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #68
imashination
Expert

portfolio
Matthew ONeill
3D Fluff
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid2k2
To save anyone from a possible "WTF !!!" moment ...
You'll need to install a 11.0.3 patch... as well as a possible Java update.

EDIT: For some reason ... they changed it to:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downlo....jsp?ftpID=5661

Yeah that one had me damn near cack my pants, having a window pop up telling you that it wont run because it doesnt work anymore (im avoid CC as long as I can)

Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #69
Blinny
Molded By the Dark

portfolio
Blinny
Freelance Motion Artist
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by imashination
Yeah that one had me damn near cack my pants, having a window pop up telling you that it wont run because it doesnt work anymore (im avoid CC as long as I can)

CC had a special Mavericks patch available earlier (12.0.1) but today Adobe launched AE 12.1 via their CC updater widget. Full Mavericks compatibility, and also several bug fixes and new features (high quality up-resing, improved tracking feature, etc).

12.1 so far works fine for me under Mavericks (including Trapcode use which I was working with today). AME was updated also.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #70
kromekat
Daydreamer

portfolio
Adam Benton
Freelance CG Artist
kromekat digital media
United Kingdom

Send a message via ICQ to kromekat Send a message via Yahoo to kromekat
Having finally installed Mavericks on my primary desktop Mac, I was wondering wtf was going on with menus appearing on the opposite screen etc - this just clarified the issue for me - thanks fella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalartist
There are some issues with mavericks on multiple monitor systems using multiple desktops. You need to select on all desktops to avoid problems by right clicking on the C4D icon in the dock, otherwise windows move around or drop down menus appear on the wrong screen. There does not seem to be an option to switch between multiple desktops on both screens at the same time, unless I'm missing something.
I am still cautiously optimistic about the new MacPro, but if there are no new displays for it then it is not really a good buy at the moment. I noticed that Dell have a 4k monitor coming out.

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM   #71
designbytes
Expert

portfolio
Paul Hudy
Designbytes
Pittsboro, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromekat
Having finally installed Mavericks on my primary desktop Mac, I was wondering wtf was going on with menus appearing on the opposite screen etc - this just clarified the issue for me - thanks fella!

I think you can turn this off or return to classic mode by un-checking the "displays have separate spaces" box

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_...s-in-mavericks/

Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM   #72
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread