Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
"Heroes of the Storm" - Blizzard's Crossover Trailer

This is the trailer for Blizzard's Crossover Battle game "Heroes of the Storm".

I guess after Avengers and Super Smash Bros. and Konami World, everybody's gotta have one nowadays.

Trailer looks fantastic, and it's a bit refreshing to see Raynor and Kerrigan kind or trading their usual heavy-drama acting for something lighter.

Actually, I think it's the first time Blizzard have put a trailer together that isn't about something dark or foreboding, so it's sort of surprising they can do this type of tone so well first time out of the gate.

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 11-09-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
PaulEMcLaughlin
Paul McLaughlin

portfolio
Paul Edward McLaughlin
USA

First I thought "oh sweet finally a blizzard movie" then I thought "this looks like a game cinematic" then I realized it was a game cinematic.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Kanga
KillaRoo

portfolio
Chris Kautz
Freelancer/Character artist.
Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to Kanga Send a message via MSN to Kanga
The animation is pretty amazing, specially on the young lass.
I enjoyed this one.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulEMcLaughlin
First I thought "oh sweet finally a blizzard movie" then I thought "this looks like a game cinematic" then I realized it was a game cinematic.

There are various reasons why that probably won't happen.

However, if "The Mill" can set aside some people and resources for "Mill+" then maybe Blizzard should be considering if it can find more value in its animation team by making a task force of some kind to explore if they can be doing something else or help in the branching out of their properties to other mediums.

There are many Blizzard fans, for example, who think the Warcraft film should actually be Blizzard's first animated feature. Of course fans are oblivious to what they ask for (see: Square Pictures). But it shows their sentiments.

In terms of talent and output, there's no doubt what Blizzard's Animation group have is good enough for TV and Film. But it probably won't happen without the creation of a "Second Unit".

Old 11-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #5
PaulEMcLaughlin
Paul McLaughlin

portfolio
Paul Edward McLaughlin
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan
There are many Blizzard fans, for example, who think the Warcraft film should actually be Blizzard's first animated feature. Of course fans are oblivious to what they ask for (see: Square Pictures). But it shows their sentiments.

In terms of talent and output, there's no doubt what Blizzard's Animation group have is good enough for TV and Film. But it probably won't happen without the creation of a "Second Unit".

They should hire Uwe Boll to direct it.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
ThE_JacO
MOBerator-X

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Raffaele Fragapane
That Creature Dude
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulEMcLaughlin
They should hire Uwe Boll to direct it.

Maybe you know and the comment was a veiled reference, but Boll actually did pursue aggressively the WoW franchise back then, and Blizzard pretty much openly laughed him off and gave him the finger to much rejoycing of their fans and of anybody who knows what a slimebag Boll is.

As for the game, this seems to pretty much boil down to a noob friendly, faster match DotA (or DotA2, LoL, and whatever else, I forget what they call the genre these days).
I wonder if it'll be free given practically all of those games are, most are free through and through with the only paid benefits being purely cosmetic.

Free Maya Nodes

Old 11-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
PaulEMcLaughlin
Paul McLaughlin

portfolio
Paul Edward McLaughlin
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO
Maybe you know and the comment was a veiled reference, but Boll actually did pursue aggressively the WoW franchise back then, and Blizzard pretty much openly laughed him off and gave him the finger to much rejoycing of their fans and of anybody who knows what a slimebag Boll is.

I am a big Uwe Boll fan personally. Not only does he just not care what people think about him, he also punched "Lowtax" from the somethingawful forums in the face repeatedly during a boxing match because tax' gave him a few bad reviews... Uwe may be silly and ignorant, but he's got guts and guts is enough.

Last edited by PaulEMcLaughlin : 11-10-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
d4rk3lf
Expert

portfolio
Boban Krsmanovic
Nis, Serbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan
Actually, I think it's the first time Blizzard have put a trailer together that isn't about something dark or foreboding, so it's sort of surprising they can do this type of tone so well first time out of the gate.

Mists of Pandaria cinematic was also pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread