CGTalk > Main > General Discussion
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite
 
CGIPadawan's Avatar
Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,937
Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
"Heroes of the Storm" - Blizzard's Crossover Trailer



This is the trailer for Blizzard's Crossover Battle game "Heroes of the Storm".

I guess after Avengers and Super Smash Bros. and Konami World, everybody's gotta have one nowadays.

Trailer looks fantastic, and it's a bit refreshing to see Raynor and Kerrigan kind or trading their usual heavy-drama acting for something lighter.

Actually, I think it's the first time Blizzard have put a trailer together that isn't about something dark or foreboding, so it's sort of surprising they can do this type of tone so well first time out of the gate.
__________________
"Your most creative work is pre-production, once the film is in production, demands on time force you to produce rather than create."
REVERSION

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 11-09-2013 at 04:14 AM.
 
Old 11-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
PaulEMcLaughlin
Paul McLaughlin
 
PaulEMcLaughlin's Avatar
portfolio
Paul Edward McLaughlin
USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 89
First I thought "oh sweet finally a blizzard movie" then I thought "this looks like a game cinematic" then I realized it was a game cinematic.
 
Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Kanga
KillaRoo
 
Kanga's Avatar
portfolio
Chris Kautz
Freelancer/Character artist.
Netherlands
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,566
Send a message via ICQ to Kanga Send a message via MSN to Kanga
The animation is pretty amazing, specially on the young lass.
I enjoyed this one.
__________________
The terminal velocity of individual particles is directly related to pink rabbits on a bank holiday.
Characters, Games, Toys
 
Old 11-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite
 
CGIPadawan's Avatar
Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,937
Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulEMcLaughlin
First I thought "oh sweet finally a blizzard movie" then I thought "this looks like a game cinematic" then I realized it was a game cinematic.


There are various reasons why that probably won't happen.

However, if "The Mill" can set aside some people and resources for "Mill+" then maybe Blizzard should be considering if it can find more value in its animation team by making a task force of some kind to explore if they can be doing something else or help in the branching out of their properties to other mediums.

There are many Blizzard fans, for example, who think the Warcraft film should actually be Blizzard's first animated feature. Of course fans are oblivious to what they ask for (see: Square Pictures). But it shows their sentiments.

In terms of talent and output, there's no doubt what Blizzard's Animation group have is good enough for TV and Film. But it probably won't happen without the creation of a "Second Unit".
__________________
"Your most creative work is pre-production, once the film is in production, demands on time force you to produce rather than create."
REVERSION
 
Old 11-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #5
PaulEMcLaughlin
Paul McLaughlin
 
PaulEMcLaughlin's Avatar
portfolio
Paul Edward McLaughlin
USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan
There are many Blizzard fans, for example, who think the Warcraft film should actually be Blizzard's first animated feature. Of course fans are oblivious to what they ask for (see: Square Pictures). But it shows their sentiments.

In terms of talent and output, there's no doubt what Blizzard's Animation group have is good enough for TV and Film. But it probably won't happen without the creation of a "Second Unit".


They should hire Uwe Boll to direct it.
 
Old 11-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
ThE_JacO
MOBerator-X
 
ThE_JacO's Avatar
CGSociety Member
portfolio
Raffaele Fragapane
That Creature Dude
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulEMcLaughlin
They should hire Uwe Boll to direct it.

Maybe you know and the comment was a veiled reference, but Boll actually did pursue aggressively the WoW franchise back then, and Blizzard pretty much openly laughed him off and gave him the finger to much rejoycing of their fans and of anybody who knows what a slimebag Boll is.

As for the game, this seems to pretty much boil down to a noob friendly, faster match DotA (or DotA2, LoL, and whatever else, I forget what they call the genre these days).
I wonder if it'll be free given practically all of those games are, most are free through and through with the only paid benefits being purely cosmetic.
__________________
"As an online CG discussion grows longer, the probability of the topic being shifted to subsidies approaches 1"

Free Maya Nodes
 
Old 11-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
PaulEMcLaughlin
Paul McLaughlin
 
PaulEMcLaughlin's Avatar
portfolio
Paul Edward McLaughlin
USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO
Maybe you know and the comment was a veiled reference, but Boll actually did pursue aggressively the WoW franchise back then, and Blizzard pretty much openly laughed him off and gave him the finger to much rejoycing of their fans and of anybody who knows what a slimebag Boll is.


I am a big Uwe Boll fan personally. Not only does he just not care what people think about him, he also punched "Lowtax" from the somethingawful forums in the face repeatedly during a boxing match because tax' gave him a few bad reviews... Uwe may be silly and ignorant, but he's got guts and guts is enough.

Last edited by PaulEMcLaughlin : 11-10-2013 at 02:04 AM.
 
Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
d4rk3lf
Expert
 
d4rk3lf's Avatar
portfolio
Boban Krsmanovic
Nis, Serbia
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan
Actually, I think it's the first time Blizzard have put a trailer together that isn't about something dark or foreboding, so it's sort of surprising they can do this type of tone so well first time out of the gate.


Mists of Pandaria cinematic was also pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64
__________________
Now it's the time to be extreme!
Demoreel
website
 
Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,066,478
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.