rasmusW
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Rasmus Warming
3d artist
Ghost
Copenhagen, Denmark

Send a message via MSN to rasmusW
how do we get this sub forum up and running?

hey all!

-just wondering why, this sub-forum is so far behind all the others in terms of topics etc.
there is plenty of silo users here, beautyful works and the new silo2 on it's way.
so why ain't there any more traffic here? -maybe it's just because, nevercenters own forum runs smoothly.
any thoughts on how we can improve here?

-r

Old 10-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
pnoland
Expert

portfolio
Patrick Noland
Particle pusher
Chicago Area, USA

Send a message via AIM to pnoland
It is because Silo users tend to visit the Nevercenter forum. I've noticed more and more of the userbase visiting with us at subdivisionmodeling.com too but there shouldn't be a reason why this forum isn't getting more active also. It seems that modeling applications don't usually have much of a userbase on cgtalk these days though. Look at the Wings3d forum, it's becoming slowly a ghost town also.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
Andreseloy
Frequenter
portfolio
Mario Blanco
MD
Vargas Medical School
Caracas, Venezuela

ZBrush has the same site like Silo, is own and here at CG but have more activity.I think the ZBrush user are more positive in taking whatever the user ask no matter is new or professional like occur in Messiha(is a great forum to). In Silo forum at NC practical every thread finally goes with sterile polemic, there are some guys they think and like "defender" and not tolerate any disagreetment respect the many bugs that the recently beta version comes with it.
Of course there are extremely and useful sharing person like cinnesealach(Andy) but is the minoritie there.
Probably if here the few user that frequently here learn and have a different sharing attitude will grow this foum.
Is what i feel is ocurring, hope im cleat about it.
Andreseloy

Old 10-28-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
Rabid pitbull
Canis-badis-bitus

James Schneider
Animator
Rabid pitbull Studios
Chicago, USA

I tried to spur activity here when this sub forum was first started, but I heard alot of people saying why should we go to CGtalk.com the NC forum is better. My argument was that it would bring more exposure to the program, but in the end not many people visit here. :(

Try encouraging people at the NC forum, I'll certainly chime in again.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
Cinnsealach
PRO

portfolio
Andy Kinsella
Manchester, United Kingdom

I visit every day, just for the buzz of seeing a topic in bold

Old 11-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #6
rasmusW
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Rasmus Warming
3d artist
Ghost
Copenhagen, Denmark

Send a message via MSN to rasmusW
hey guys!

thanks for your comments on this subject.
what about doing some small, modeling challenges or something to spur it up, again? -or are we fed up with that from all the other sub-forums (mini-challenges, hcmc etc.)
just a thought.

r

Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #7
mmhnemo
Know-it-All

Nicholas Orth
Germany

Hi,

i believe a big part of a forum is dedicated to problem solving regarding a certain product, i.e. SILO. And since SILO is so easy to use and offers great workflow there is not much need for discussing problems.

Another thing is WIPs or the current Beta and WIPs are better posted in the respective WIP forum and the place for beta talk is definately the NC forum.

My take on things SILO.

A contest might be nice but only for those who have the spare time.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:18 AM   #8
tibes
quite an afternoon!

portfolio
Richard Nichols
Pro-monkey
Freelance
Melbourne, Australia

Send a message via MSN to tibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhnemo
Hi,

i believe a big part of a forum is dedicated to problem solving regarding a certain product, i.e. SILO. And since SILO is so easy to use and offers great workflow there is not much need for discussing problems.

Another thing is WIPs or the current Beta and WIPs are better posted in the respective WIP forum and the place for beta talk is definately the NC forum.

My take on things SILO.

A contest might be nice but only for those who have the spare time.

I agree, I think mainly it's because Silo is a modelling app only. Even in the forums for the other major apps there tend to be few threads about modelling. Most questions revolve around FX techniques, rigging, rendering that sort of thing since that's where most issues are found.

For the most part, modelling is just rock and roll as usual - particularly in Silo

Old 11-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #9
puzzledpaul
>0
pp
United Kingdom

<< ... since SILO is so easy to use and offers great workflow there is not much need for discussing problems. >>

Silo forums > Using Silo > 'How to' > 1441 threads ... highest of them all

pp

Old 11-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
Cinnsealach
PRO

portfolio
Andy Kinsella
Manchester, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzledpaul
<< ... since SILO is so easy to use and offers great workflow there is not much need for discussing problems. >>

Silo forums > Using Silo > 'How to' > 1441 threads ... highest of them all

pp

I think that's because the same questions keep getting asked all the bloody time. The one about selection issues (due to Ogl AA being enabled) gets asked about 50 times a week!

Old 11-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
puzzledpaul
>0
pp
United Kingdom

<< ... same questions keep getting asked all the bloody time. >>

Yep ... am familiar with the situation / know how you feel ... especially when ppl don't read the existing answers / info that's around - often only a couple of posts / threads away

... but there'll always be queries about any app. - whatever it is, as different ppl obviously have different mindsets / abilities / approaches etc.

pp

Old 11-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #12
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread