CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CGChallenge XIX - The Journey Begins (3D)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 05-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #136
oceanbluesky

Wow Andrius! Congratulations upon completing such a wonderful just beautiful -- gorgeous image! Your texturing on the stonework really worked out well! Absolutely magnificent! Love the sense of depth and fragility, along with your attention to details.

Best of luck with the judges! Cheers!

Old 05-29-2006, 02:30 AM   #137
MattGyver
Shpadoinkle!

portfolio
Matthew Mobley
IT Security Officer
Eagle River, AK, USA

Send a message via AIM to MattGyver Send a message via Yahoo to MattGyver
What else can I say?

3 months = an Eon?

Old 05-29-2006, 03:14 AM   #138
hhssuu
or Tom...
portfolio
Chih H
Art Director / Character Artist
KIXEYE
Australia

Congrats man! Nice final, you've pulled out some wicked designs in your image, amazing details too. I like the mystery element in your image. Congrats again on your completion and good luck with voting!!

Old 05-29-2006, 04:32 AM   #139
KOryH
digijockey

portfolio
Kory Heinzen
Visual Development Artist
KHI
Redwood City, USA

Send a message via AIM to KOryH Send a message via MSN to KOryH

Very nice.
Crisp and Clean. I really like the subtle grey colors.
and the design is great.
Best of luck.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

Old 05-29-2006, 05:55 AM   #140
Gunilla
got guts

portfolio
Gunilla Elam
illustrator/animator
Stockholm, Sweden

Wow, Andrius! The final turned out fantastic! I agree with Tremo - your design skills are amazing. Congrats and good luck for the judging

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 05-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #141
CryingHorn
Chill out

portfolio
Andrius Balciunas
Kaunas, Lithuania

monsitj thanks man, I feel very happy to hear that from you. Your'e always my favorite, your works are always gets my respect . Can't promise I'll be in the next one though but time will show, good luck to you too friend

Maxter Thanks Fabio, glad you liked it

DaddyMack Thank you for your kind words Robert, when I get the concept in my mind the overal mood is a discovery to me either (btw I've missed that dog avatar of yours , hope I'll see it someday )

Qweron Yeah, in movies you can often notice one dominating color, sometimes you don't even notice that a picture has almost one color with it's different value and you still think that you are watching it in "color". Good luck to you too.

Tremoside Mark, thank you for your heartfull post, it really means a lot to me . I want to say that even I take myself into 3d primarly, I'm actually very interested in all types of "art making". I'd really like to try to make something out of stone, wood, clay, metal and etc, I would really like to learn paint with real oil canvas, ink... I hope I'll have an opportunity and time to try all this (I know I will...), cause that's really interesting. Best of luck to you too, I know you'll be picked

Climax Thanks Omar, I like your entrys too, esp the 2d, good luck to you too mate

makaron Thanks Mona, nice to hear that

glenn23 Hey glenn thanks. Btw, I visited your site some time ago and noticed in your experience field tigers sculptures in Detroit Tigers Stadium, I was a bit surprised, I'd really like to see them, I believe it's awesome when you make something very big, you can really proud of that.

Riddick Thanks man, happy for that...

lilCara Yeah maybe you'r right, didn't have much time to experiment, but I'm satisfied with my color scheme, I find it interesting, thanks for your kind opinion

Greatto Thanks Timur, Good luck to you too!

oceanbluesky, thanks pal, thanks for your support during this challenge, I'm glad that you like it, good luck to you too Eric!

MattGyver You've already said friend, thanks, good luck to you finishing your image

hhssuu thanks pal always nice to see you here, same to you

KOryH Thanks man, I really appreciate that indeed, best of luck to you too mate

Gunilla, Nice to see you here once again Gunilla, a BIG thank you to you for beeing and watching after my progress all this time , good luck to you

Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #142
monks
serial poster

portfolio
Greg Fromenteau
Senior Lighter/ Illustrator
Ubisoft
Montreal, Canada

very nice work , really like the background ! Congrats !

Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #143
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread