The Bounty Hunter, Thor Steinfeldt (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
The Bounty Hunter, Thor Steinfeldt (3D)

Title: The Bounty Hunter
Name: Thor Steinfeldt
Software: Wings 3d, Zbrush, Ps 7

My name is Thor Steinfeldt and this is my first completed 3d piece and I am very eager to get feedback from the many great artists on this forum.
The image is somewhat a self portrait, the face is based on my own. The figure was modeled in zbrush and the metal pieces in wings 3d. Texturing and rendering were done in zbrush. Color adjustments, shadow enhancements and texuring alterations were done in photoshop 7.
Although I feel the overall image is somewhat successful the meshes are kind of a mess but I am getting better.
I would like to thank anyone who responds in advance ,good or bad for taking the time to look at my work

08 August 2004
Whoa ! this guy is crazy looking im assuming he's machine underneath flesh right? its really good for your 1st completed model, i really dont have any critques it looks really nice got any wires?

08 August 2004

The only thing I see wrong with i is the green goo in a bottle stuff looks a little cartoonish. maybe adding some scratches on the glass, would help.

08 August 2004
Weird that you haven't recieved any more comments. :(

I would personally say that this is above mediocre, definitely. Some things like the rendering on the needle (green part) make it look worse. But it's just some minor details.

I give thumbs up.

09 September 2004
Wow good job! I agree however, the green part needs work. The whole seen is gruangy and scraped up which makes the needle really stick out.

<}::::::MasteroftheFork::::{0

<===' /

09 September 2004
I think this character is great!

Keep up the good work.

***Maya Animators Needed***

09 September 2004
thank you

Thank you all for the kinds words so far and the constructive critisism. I see what you mean with the green needle, I think at the time I got carried away with trying to get the green glow the way I wanted.

Thanks again

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread