Josiah Reeves - VFX Reel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
Josiah Reeves - VFX Reel

Main programs used were:
Nuke, Maya, Vue, Syntheyes, and Photoshop

Old 08 August 2012   #2
That's top notch work. I especially liked the "I am Legend" style apocalypse city. You used the real footage like a reference for making the 3D city and to get a realistic camera-jiggle, right?

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Originally Posted by RainerS: That's top notch work. I especially liked the "I am Legend" style apocalypse city. You used the real footage like a reference for making the 3D city and to get a realistic camera-jiggle, right?

Thank you!
and yes that is correct. In using the footage it made it much easier to create something that was more believable than just starting from scratch. The footage was tracked in Syntheyes then brought into Maya where i recreated the scene.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Originally Posted by JosiahR: Thank you!
and yes that is correct. In using the footage it made it much easier to create something that was more believable than just starting from scratch. The footage was tracked in Syntheyes then brought into Maya where i recreated the scene.

Thanks for the insight. I've never used video references, I think I definitely should.

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread