Spectacular 2D Entry: Alejadro Gomez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #1
Spectacular 2D Entry: Alejadro Gomez

Alejadro Gomez is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Coloring WIP: working it

Old 09 September 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: Ment

http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...8072_medium.jpg

This is a glorious scene from a story where for centuries a semi god race of warlords encarnated in black lions choose their warriors and riders when born, this time the chosen one was not form the place but a foreigner an he is taken away then in the story in a glorious yet sad moment he returns to claim the power that is his to save those he loves (ill write more of the stoy later

Last edited by Nagual : 10 October 2005 at 12:44 AM.

Old 09 September 2005   #3
guys, this is my first challenge and my first try out on serious scenario, i doubt my skills are enough to compete but i want to give my image engouh power to out do the lack of tecnical skill but i ould really like lots of critique in both concept and the art

lol im also the firts dominican in history to enter this contest

Old 09 September 2005   #4
oh and my name is Alejandro with an N ..i miss spelled it wiht all the exitement

Old 10 October 2005   #5
Line Art: Line art sketch

this is the line art, the story is the same explained above so crit away

Old 10 October 2005   #6
First dominican ever in history to enter CG Challenge... Why dont you develop a picture out of that dude That's a pretty spectacular thing

Anyway, your present concept sounds really cool. It's a concept wherein you can develop some pretty awesome creatures. I like it. Your line art really made a jump from your first post to your current post man. Did you learn that quick or were you just too lazy to exert effort in your first sketch? I'm just curious.

Anyway, keep playing with the right side of your brain and welcome to the challenge dominican dude!

Old 10 October 2005   #7
im learning as i go with this, im using this challenge as a learing experience the enviroment is the first ive ever drawn and ive had a lil experience with characters, imagining them its easy, getting them out of thehead is a different deal. anyway to tell u the truth i just got kinda freaked out when i saw a post of a guy who was using a lion also so i did a quick sketch in photosho just to post my concept cause i didnt wanna lose the chance beacause the idea was alike with an other one
keep chekin the sumits im really gonna try to outdo my self with everypost

Last edited by Nagual : 10 October 2005 at 12:45 AM.

Old 10 October 2005   #8
Coloring WIP: Trabajando el background del templo

i finally started working onthe background, the ligth source is not really defined yet since the temple is covered in trees and the ligth filters trough the leaves so i decided to detailed it with general ligth and then work with the real ligth at the end, this is the first time i ilustrate at this level in my life so crits and coments will be more than welcome

Old 10 October 2005   #9
Youre off to a nice start! I just wanted to say im in the same boat with limited(painting) experience. The great thing about this challenge is that you still have over 50 days to work on your piece. That gives us amatuers a chance to produce something that can stand up to the quality of the many professionals here in the community.

Keep working,

Old 10 October 2005   #10
Hear u loud and clear pal

Old 10 October 2005   #11
Coloring WIP: Trabajando las plantas

thisis me working on the trees
please critt and comment as u wish

Old 10 October 2005   #12
Coloring WIP: working it

It takes me long to post with colleges and all and working wiht a mouse doesnt help much either, here are the finshed trees,at least until i get my Tablet in a few weeks all be posting some more work later today

ctits and commentare welcome

Old 10 October 2005   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread