Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
abc001101
Veteran
portfolio
Man Kwok
Just a student!
Hong Kong

Character blend shape problem!please help=(

Hi, I am a student who are working in my final year project. Recently, I faced a big problem of blend shape in maya2011.

Here is the video shows the problem .
http://youtu.be/etGetj-dvzk

it took me few sec. to import the file to maya in the first time. Then I ran the script which can delete all the dupicated namespace.
However, it started to get slow down in the second time, but it still worked. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
After a few times of importing files, error messagesss popped out from maya, and maya was forced to shut down.

Today, I found that the problem is come from the feather blend shape. When I delete all the blend shape history on the original mesh, then every thing is fine! But when I blend the feather again, the problem happened again.

I also tried create a new maya scene and import the old file into the new scene, but the problem still here.

So, anyone know that what is it about? And any suggestion of how to fix it?

I really need a help! Please/_\!
( sorry for my poor English )

Old 04-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
booboo4ever
Frequenter
Vincent R. DeLay
USA

heya,

this is kind of a useless response, but i hope it might help to move this further. i really could not tell what is happening in the video. what you could do is to use camtasia to make a video. camtasia is free for like the first 30 days so you could download the trial. btw, if you never used it camtasia is for recording your desktop.

once other people can see what is going on they hopefully will be able to give you some good help.

sorry i could not give you a better answer than that for now.

" . . . the essential in life is invisible to the eye, one can only see rightly with the heart." (The Little Prince)

Old 04-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread