CGTalk > Main > Education
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
rodfpv
portfolio
rod f
pavia, Italy

Opinions about "Vanas" Vancouver Animation School?

Hi everybody.

I'm Rudy, a webdesigner, with the aspiration of becoming a 3d/2d character artist, someday (I'm 28).

I'm perfectly aware that in this industry what counts is the portfolio (as in webdesign), I'm also perfectly aware that to learn art you can go the self taught route - that's what I've been doing for a couple of years, in fact.

I'm now feeling the need of following a school/program/structure, call it as you want, to keep the motivation and determination going. I'm married with a job and it's not always easy to self direct your studies.

I've discovered a couple of online schools (I can't attend on-campus) of which I'd like to know more about. One is this http://www.gc-academy.net/ and the other is this vanas.ca

I really like the Concept Art Diploma of Vanas (I gave a look at the curriculum also) but I'm really clueless about reputation, teachers etc.

Could anyone chime in?

Thanks guys
my best to you all

Old 03-31-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
Jarklor
portfolio
Jackson Gardner
Way Claire, US

VFS is pretty high on my list aswell as SCAD and Ringling.

I want to do the same thing as you. I decided to go to the university of Madison Wisconsin first. I'm doing this pirimarly for these reasons:

1- I can earn a 4 year bachelor degree which will help me in getting a visa for a dream job as a video game designer in Japan
2- I can explore other fields of study such as anthropology

3- To have a good university life experience.

4- Just in case becoming a character designer doesn't work out

5- I can develop my drawing skills aswell as entering some basic computer animation courses.

I think that VFS is really cool because you can specialize in modeling, animation, or visual effects. I'm more than likely will specialize in modeling.

I'm not sure if VFS will for sure be for me. But it seems pretty good.

Last edited by Jarklor : 03-31-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
rodfpv
portfolio
rod f
pavia, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarklor
VFS is pretty high on my list aswell as SCAD and Ringling.

I want to do the same thing as you. I decided to go to the university of Madison Wisconsin first. I'm doing this pirimarly for these reasons:

1- I can earn a 4 year bachelor degree which will help me in getting a visa for a dream job as a video game designer in Japan
2- I can explore other fields of study such as anthropology

3- To have a good university life experience.

4- Just in case becoming a character designer doesn't work out

5- I can develop my drawing skills aswell as entering some basic computer animation courses.

I think that VFS is really cool because you can specialize in modeling, animation, or visual effects. I'm more than likely will specialize in modeling.

I'm not sure if VFS will for sure be for me. But it seems pretty good.

Hey thanks for your opinion but the school I'm talking about it's another one: it's "Vancouver Animation School" as opposed to "Vancouver Film School".

I think it's fairly new

Old 03-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread