CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Eon (Trailer)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 02-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #181
Galaktor
Veteran

Raphael
Augsburg, Germany

I really like your concept - it's probably one of the best in this challenge. It's great that you pulled this off knowing you don't have the time to complete it the way you would really want to instead of minimizing the project to an "accomplishable" size. Your chances are still very good since the trailer challenge does not specifically require hollywood-like effects, but rather a good concept - at least, that's how I understood it.

Good luck!

Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #182
spire

Nice work man, I wish you good luck.

Regards,Spire.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #183
fifty3dragons
Know-it-All

portfolio
Wade White
Animator
Port Williams, Canada

Send a message via AIM to fifty3dragons
ittrium - thanks a lot!

Galaktor - wow, thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm glad you enjoyed our concept. The one thing I did bring into this challenge was a bit of a background in writing, so we at least had that working in our favour I hope. And yeah, I was pretty committed from the beginning to keep the length, even if it meant a lot of storyboards. We definitely learned just how much work it takes to pull off even that, let alone to get a fully animated trailer out the door in just four months of night and weekends (I'm still blown away by all the entries that were able to achieve such complete results in the same amount of time; there's such high quality in this contest, it's great).

spire - thanks!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Last edited by fifty3dragons : 02-01-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #184
spire

Yeah you right, very much work for all of us.But in my opinion, it worth it! We all learned lots of things from each others.
See ya!
Spire.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #185
fifty3dragons
Know-it-All

portfolio
Wade White
Animator
Port Williams, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by spire
Yeah you right, very much work for all of us.But in my opinion, it worth it! We all learned lots of things from each others.

Well worth it. Definitely. I learned a ton of stuff from everyone here, both in their comments in our thread as well as the work they posted for their own entries. That's definitely the real pay off for doing something like this, the new skills and experience you walk away with after it's finished.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #186
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
2d 3d modeler and animator
Florence, Italy

Ok...im common to love ultrarealistikmegatecnique cgi....im common to consider that trailer as to be very "hollywood" like....and than...i "impact" to your work....that is away from the common visions i have in mind...and i feel myself happy....happy because you show how to tell a story....and how to do it well. great work...i really love it....is very touching...i feel it inside me...is a sin that i did not write in english enough to tell how i like your trailer.

One of my top 5 here.

B-movie

Old 02-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #187
fifty3dragons
Know-it-All

portfolio
Wade White
Animator
Port Williams, Canada

You write just fine, OZ. We got the message, loud and clear.

We did very much want to tell a good story, and I said as much in my very first post. I'm pleased to see that came through.

Many thanks for your very kind words and for all your wonderful encouragement throughout the challenge. Your work has been an inspriation, and your and other's continued feedback has helped us keep plugging away these past four months.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #188
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread