Newteks secrets are out!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2003
Cupholders?
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

01 January 2003
Somebody spill it!

I'm betting on multiple undos but hoping for lattices, super smartskinning tools and some kind of camera view in Modeler. It can't be integration if they are currently releasing Hub-based features for Aura...or could it?

01 January 2003
Do I smell improved animation tools on the horizon. Omigod did they merge messiah:animate with Lightwave.

01 January 2003
arrrggghhh.....grrrrr.........harumph......pppphhh hhhhhttttt......:shame:

evil evil evil!

01 January 2003
Man... if the guys from Newtek told you to come on here and torment us like this, maybe I need to look and see if there is a competitive upgrade to Maya.

01 January 2003
Hey UserDelta, did Newtek mention when they are going to announce the new features? Feburary? March? Siggraph? Because I don't want to get my knickers in a twist waiting for this if it's going to be a while.

01 January 2003
I wish this thread was never started:annoyed:

01 January 2003
Whats the big deal, not one person who has posted here knows how to use everything thats in LW7.5 or even seven right now.
I hope its just a free update that takes care of some of the bugs in 7.5, but I doubt it.
I was so pissed when LW7 came out when there were still some bugs, and I don't mean just little ones, in LW6.5.:shame:

01 January 2003
lol Remi
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

01 January 2003
Quote: Originally posted by gruvsyco
Man... if the guys from Newtek told you to come on here and torment us like this, maybe I need to look and see if there is a competitive upgrade to Maya.

LOL There is one to xsi. With such good tools to choose from out there I could care less what NT does or doesnt do because there will be other tools to take its place if it falls by the waste side. I hope this doesnt happen but if it does Im not going to sweat it.

Im a hard core fan of LW but I think all this secret crap with Luxology and showing something in public at the DV convention but telling people not to tell what they saw reminds me of the third grade. And then you have users who are imature enough to get on here and do it to actually tease people is sad.

:thumbsdow

Last edited by tOd : 02 February 2003 at 12:01 AM.

02 February 2003
I'd have to agree with you tOd. It's pathetic; a real turn-off if you ask me!
This however is the Lightwave forum, so you gotta take the bitter with the sweet.
If the gang at Newtek is releasing information about an update or something at a public show, and then instructing the people at the event NOT to say anything about it(but then come here and flaunt it), they are risking a lot, including all of the work that has been done(by Proton, Phil, etc.) to get Newtek and Lightwave out of the SH#THOLE that was the San Fran group.
This thread has taken a really bad turn.
I'm outta here

02 February 2003
Desptie great moderating this forum has quickly become a toss up between a rtfm and hair salon LOL no offense intended its just i see alot of good post with litle responses and alot of retarded post with 34 replies

I talked to brad peebler about 8, 9 months ago gave him some contacts for programers that could add great stuff to the next release including contacting bay raitt . I am hoping that the new release will have actaul edge tools and so on at the moment im using wings alot more often

who creates lw doenst realy bother me, as long as they take time to listen to the users and shoot for what we want we should be happy, as a modeler i could care less about aura or toaster etc iI bought lw to model and thats what i use it for it does a good job at it what id like to see is it not beome the next max where there is 3000 plugins and half of them do the same thing hopefully in the next release the tools that are outdated by new imprvoved one will be included and the old will be in some old plugins folder some where

what i want to know is HOW DO I BECOME A BETA TESTER !!

02 February 2003
I like cheese

02 February 2003
I'm wearing pants.

02 February 2003
I'm closing this thread.

Thread Closed share thread