the art of creating realistic skin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2003
Damn. I'm REALLY not the guy qualified to be doing this, but here's my recent guy with the basic maps. He's not photorealistic (he's good enough for a training video) but on my own time I plan to return to him and texture him properly. I think what he has now is good enough as a base for adding detail.

Once again I'm offering myself up because I honestly would like to pick up some texturing ideas. If this gets the newbs asking questions and/or the more experienced to rip me apart then it's worth it.

btw - the shiny stuff in his ear is cerebralspinal fluid (I said it's for a training video)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dudew_maps.jpg (19.1 KB, 188 views)

05 May 2003
Iím just glad that most of the people posting on this thread are just ignoring this pathetic spat and are staying on topic. I just apologies to everyone for being pulled into it, I should have know the moment chewy posted.

Again my apologies.

05 May 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Damn. I'm REALLY not the guy qualified to be doing this, but here's my recent guy with the basic maps. He's not photorealistic (he's good enough for a training video) but on my own time I plan to return to him and texture him properly. I think what he has now is good enough as a base for adding detail.

Once again I'm offering myself up because I honestly would like to pick up some texturing ideas. If this gets the newbs asking questions and/or the more experienced to rip me apart then it's worth it.

btw - the shiny stuff in his ear is cerebralspinal fluid (I said it's for a training video)

Looks like a good start! It's great when someone actually contributes more to the thread than complaints about perceived slights and suggestions to self medicate.

05 May 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Chewey
Looks like a good start! It's great when someone actually contributes more to the thread than complaints about perceived slights and suggestions to self medicate.

My apology does not extend to you sweet cheeks.

05 May 2003
I would thank you, Chewey, if your compliment WAS a compliment and not a clever way to stab at someone else. Well, I'll thank you anyway.

Now please, knock it off guys. If I have to pull this car over and go back there.....

Damn. I'm sitting here as the responsible parent AND I'm wishing someone would rip my texturing skills to get things on topic. This IS the Bizarro Thread.

05 May 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I would thank you, Chewey, if your compliment WAS a compliment and not a clever way to stab at someone else. Well, I'll thank you anyway.

Now please, knock it off guys. If I have to pull this car over and go back there.....

Damn. I'm sitting here as the responsible parent AND I'm wishing someone would rip my texturing skills to get things on topic. This IS the Bizarro Thread.

It was sincere. I'd like to see a front shot of the head with a bit less ambient light. Maybe post some more with a wrinkle.bump map included to show your progress.

My remark regarding other people's "issues" not being helpful in keeping this thread on topic is valid nonetheless.

05 May 2003
Ok fun time is over. Thread is locked. If anyone wants to continue the sensible part of this thread please start a new one and keep the attacks out of it.

Mike

Thread Closed share thread