Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #91
Zarathustra
Some old guy

portfolio
Dave Mauriello
Artist, Educator
Wilmington, USA

Yet ironically, conservative Christians encourage population growth.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #92
neuk
Dr. Strangelove
portfolio
ognjen vukovic
london, United Kingdom

I should have left that part out, It doesn't really have much to do with the study...

Old 04-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #93
OlavoEkman
portfolio
Olavo Yang Jaguaribe Ekman
Studio Owner
BijaRi
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to OlavoEkman
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikii
Try this one to create any realistic human model with uvs. it's free

http://www.makehuman.org/

Make human for sure...

Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #94
kelgy
Stranger in Town

portfolio
Kel G
Professionally unemployed
Surrey, Canada

Well an experiment like that only reinforces human capacity for abusing others and the relationship between modern vivisection and ancient augury.
Was it really a utopian arrangement for mice with the space limit? Its a human deciding what constitutes the utopia--not the mice. Also domesticated mice have been bred. Who knows what weaknesses are in their biology.
Its unnatural even before the experiment begins.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #95
WyattHarris
Daddy x 4

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Wyatt Harris
WyattHarris.com
Baton Rouge, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique
The average human just isn't all that enlightened, and I don't know if it's even possible to bring the entire civilization up to the level that we ideally want it to be at.
Just to clarify, you assume you are enlightened? Sorry, cheap shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique
But really, would it surprise any of you, if we looked into the crystal ball and see that a century from now, people are still making shallow sexist jokes, judging people by their looks, and upholding aesthetic ideals that they expect everyone to follow?
Funny thing about humans, just when we learn how to act and have gained wisdom through our years we are considered too old by the younger generation to be listened to. Basically every generation has to be retaught everything the hard way because as you say, it is going against human nature.

When I used to teach I conducted an unofficial, unscientific experiment. It was just observing how the students acted but I thought it was interesting. Each student could sit where ever they wanted any day but invariably they would find a place and that would become 'their' seat, like they owned it. What is funny is that almost 100% of the time, without me interfering, they would group themselves without knowing it.

1. The groups usually broke down first by race: black and white. Then the individual Asian nationalities, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese where the only groups I taught. Then Arabs usually just fell in with the whites.
2. After that it was by sex. The white girls would group up, and the black girls would group up but not with each other.
3. Then you got the weird subgroups. This was mostly just the white male students because there weren't usually enough of the others for it to matter. First was the techies or geeks, whatever you would call them. Then what I called the hats. These are guys that wore ball caps. I don't know why but they would group up. Car guys, cool guys, angry guys, each class was different but they always had some odd group that would be a little separate from the rest.
4. Crossover: every now and then you'd have someone who broke the mold. In one class it was the muscle guys. There were only 3 of them and they were 2 whites and a black guy. But working out brought them together.

Human nature is a funny thing. I don't see 100 years making that much difference.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #96
fuss
Natural Born Sinner

portfolio
Marcus Holtgräwe
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke
So...you have to wear lots of plaid?

AND look like a girl.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #97
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke
So...you have to wear lots of plaid?

I have TWO Plaid slim-fit polos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuss
AND look like a girl.

The skin treatment and eye operation to get to that point is too expensive.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #98
webhead
Expert

I have a really hard time hearing people talk about how sophisticated mankind is today, or about how far we've progressed. Mankind does not seem to be progressing, but regressing, and at a very rapid pace.
As I look around the earth today, I become increasingly disturbed by what I see. I see that man's greatest capacity is for greed and destruction. Every single day I find out yet another way that man is mucking up this planet, or causing harm to his own kind, and other creatures, all in the name of MONEY and POWER!
Most people have absolutely NO idea how bad things are getting, and, sadly, the great majority of sheeple would prefer not to even know. Reality TV is as much reality as they are capable of dealing with. And, so they don't hear about most of what is going on in the news, because it's depressing, and it's bad for business. No one wants to know about how many rainforests, or animals are obliterated just for the tiny bit of palm oil in their corn flakes, or that animals are mistreated, and brutally tortured on the factory farms were much of our food comes from, or about GMOs, or the toxins, and chemicals in our food, water, air and soil. They would rather not hear about the massacres, the genocides of people, or the decimation of honeybees, and the countless species of animals being wiped out, all because of mankind's greed and selfishness.
No doubt, after this little rant, some here will label me as a pessimist, or an alarmist, but, if more people would just stop for a minute, and see what is actually happening all around them, they would see a world in serious trouble. And, they would see some serious problems that aren't just going to work themselves out if we continue to ignore them.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #99
teruchan
Skeleton Man

portfolio
Terrence Walker
The Last King
of Scotland
Shanghai, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead
I have a really hard time hearing people talk about how sophisticated mankind is today, or about how far we've progressed. Mankind does not seem to be progressing, but regressing, and at a very rapid pace.
As I look around the earth today, I become increasingly disturbed by what I see. I see that man's greatest capacity is for greed and destruction. Every single day I find out yet another way that man is mucking up this planet, or causing harm to his own kind, and other creatures, all in the name of MONEY and POWER!
Most people have absolutely NO idea how bad things are getting, and, sadly, the great majority of sheeple would prefer not to even know. Reality TV is as much reality as they are capable of dealing with. And, so they don't hear about most of what is going on in the news, because it's depressing, and it's bad for business. No one wants to know about how many rainforests, or animals are obliterated just for the tiny bit of palm oil in their corn flakes, or that animals are mistreated, and brutally tortured on the factory farms were much of our food comes from, or about GMOs, or the toxins, and chemicals in our food, water, air and soil. They would rather not hear about the massacres, the genocides of people, or the decimation of honeybees, and the countless species of animals being wiped out, all because of mankind's greed and selfishness.
No doubt, after this little rant, some here will label me as a pessimist, or an alarmist, but, if more people would just stop for a minute, and see what is actually happening all around them, they would see a world in serious trouble. And, they would see some serious problems that aren't just going to work themselves out if we continue to ignore them.

Don't confuse what a few twisted people do with mankind being a certain way. You said yourself, "Most people have absolutely NO idea how bad things are getting, " and that is because most people are not like those doing the evils you speak of. Most people aren't out to destroy anything let alone the planet. I have been to so many places, most people would likely call poor, where the people lice simple lives, with natural food, clean air, water and gorgeous scenery. They actually lack nothing, but they don't live by modern western standards.

It's a small few, in fact a VERY small few responsible for all you mention, not mankind.

EDIT: I just checked what thread this is. How did we get here?
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Last edited by teruchan : 04-21-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #100
webhead
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruchan
I just checked what thread this is. How did we get here?

I've been asking myself the same question lately: How on earth did we let ourselves get to this point? Although, the answer is obvious. I agree with you that, not everyone is evil, but the ones who are, have done a bang up job of ruining everything for the rest of us! And, most of us have either been selfish enough to just let it happen, or have even directly contributed to our current situation. And, far too many of us aren't paying attention at all! We're reaching the tipping point fast! I know this isn't really the place to discuss such things, but people had better start taking notice, stop ignoring the problems, all the while, pretending things are going to be okay, because things are not going to be okay!

Last edited by webhead : 04-21-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #101
thepineman
tracks90

portfolio
Manny Pineda
Visualizer
Amodoria
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead

good point

Hollow Earth

If you can follow the Lochness Monster with a submersible, it can lead you to a doorway to the Hollow Earth.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #102
LAUROWINCK

portfolio
LAURO WINCK
sr
NONE
RIO PARDO, Brazil

mulher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1
I'd like to use a 3D printer to print out a female body which has body proportions that are, scientifically/statistically, average. I'll then turn this 3D printed body into a doll.

Does anyone have 3D model of a woman with normal body proportions?

Creio que tenho o que você quer. Como posso enviar?

Old 04-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #103
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread