Please Help: Setting Up Multiple Splines

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
Please Help: Setting Up Multiple Splines

Hello, I would like to begin animating a map made from vector circles forming the world. There are 2000 "dots" and the desire is to have these extruded objects randomly fly in or wave or just see some movement in the map,

But I do not know how to begin.

- Should I parent an Extrude Nurbs for each of the 2000 dots, or can I somehow parent just one to give each their extrusion?

- how would I set up the hierarchy to create movement to each of the independent elements using random effectors and such.

I have watch a bunch of stuff and now think I've just confused myself

Thanks All...

P

11 November 2013
If I understand what you're trying to do, you probably want to use a cloner instead of creating hundreds of separate objects. So the basic idea is that you would clone onto a sphere to create the world of circles. If you want to represent continents you can use a shader effector to control the scale (visibility) ob the circles.

If you want to get fancier and use effectors to control extrusion changes, you can put variations of the extrusion in your cloner, set the cloner to blend mode, and then use effectors with the "modify clones" parameter active to blend in between the variations.

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread