Mari - openGL error with new project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Mari - openGL error with new project

I am just beginning to use Mari and the model I am trying to import is encountering some issues. I modeled it in Maya and it's fairly low poly and unwrapped it with no overlap, then sculpted on it in Zbrush and made a displacement and normal map. I am first only trying to import the model and make a colour map, but when I click "OK", I get a pop-up window that says "Mari is unable to make the shader. This could be due to an openGL error." and then when it takes me to the project there are only images that say "rendering error". Is this due to my graphics card being insufficient or.....? I'm just not familiar enough with what openGL is.

Thank you in advance.

05 May 2013
Huh, that does sound a little odd. You are in Mari 2.0 right ?
ANd all you are doing is importing the model and create one new channel ?

How are your UVs laid out -- Mari will not like UVs that are in -u -v space (u-1,v-1) as well as nothing that exceeds 10 tiles horizontally (vertically you can go up thousands).

Especially if in your first uv tile the uvs are touching the left edge of the tile and anywhere in your first row they touch the bottom edge Mari will probably freak.

06 June 2013
If you don't have a solution to your problem yet, try posting it on http://www.paintmore.co.uk/

Marque Pierre Søndergaard
Texture Artist!
- Blog - IMDb

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread