Skycity2012

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #31
Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress! I've really enjoyed watching everything come together.

The new composition looks great. Any chance we could see a few renders above 800px?

-AJ

Old 11 November 2012   #32
well, i know i doesn't look like a big update, but i did quite a few things in last weeks...
i was changing the whole layout of the city a lot, but then i realized i liked the old version better so i went back to that... then i decided to make foreground more interesting with Tatiana and her own ship... modeling that vanship will take a while. but now i have enough space in foreground to put there some nice details (still have to figure out what will be there)

there some little things sketched over 3d render, it helps me think about details...

hd: http://www.milanvasek.com/wp-conten...2/09/sky075.jpg

Old 11 November 2012   #33
Nice update.

Love the ship except the 2 sets of sets of pipes/wires (or what ever they are called), that looks like the spinning mixer to make cake, or a giant pairs of flipper (or whatever they are called) that you use to flip meats at BBQ( I am terrible with kitchen appliances names)

There is a lot of screen space for the platform, have you ideas on what to put on it?

Old 11 November 2012   #34
thanks i was thinking about putting there some crane (like this one: http://www.igg.org.uk/gansg/12-lini...ks/c-steam2.jpg ) and crates and stuff like that. but have to try and see how it works...

as for the ship, i want to keep original design from the Last Exile series, that means it will have those pipes but i can put there some extra stuff around and cover it a little bit...
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5139..._dbc74a64de.jpg

Old 11 November 2012   #35
If yopu put a crane, a lot of cityscape will be blocked, & probably stick out too much, in my view.

Some ideas from me.

1) Remove the floor on the right side, & make the rest of the platform on a cliff or similar setting.

or

2) Make it like a viewing plaform, like you see in some hillside overlooking a city or scene.

Old 11 November 2012   #36
Juast a random thought: Those clouds dont seem to match too well with the cartoony treatment of your city at the moment. Maybe something a bit more stylised thatn photoreff stuff so they blend in better?

Possibly after the city gets textured it wont be such a clash....

Old 11 November 2012   #37
PKD: yeah, blocking view of the city is quite a problem. but i want to have some nice details in foreground too... i was thinking maybe splitting the platform into two layers and lowering the right side a little bit might help

sk3d: you are right. in the end, i will most likely paint some clouds. but right now this photo quite closely matches my idea of the mood

Old 11 November 2012   #38
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread