|06 June 2004||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2004
What a cool contest! So much good work to look at. Too bad I'm so late to the party. Oh well...
SINCE LATE 20TH CENTURY:: the military funds development in the field of cybernetic warfare
2047:: major media resources announce breakthrough for civil cybernetic technology with an interface to the central nervous system of a human being
2049:: civil development starts to prosper, but heavy costs prevent a broad introduction of this technology
2051:: Nobel Prize for scientific results
2054:: "The Great Dying" sets in -- over a course of seven month the death rate of cybernetic altered humans rises to 98% // two third of the remaining 2% experience various stages of madness // the rest stays unaffected ("The Chosen Few")
Now it's the year 2065. Biochemical engineering still can't offer an explanation for the disaster. In the meantime the Chosen Few are the target of public interest and open worship. A prominent case was Angela Randell, a librarian at the United Nations whose modification for a direct connection to numerous data-retrieval systems was one of the few great successes of this technology. She was kidnapped in 2061. Rumour is that she is in the hands of a sect called The Servants of Future, a cult with a systems of belief based on a mixture of The Last Modern Revelation (a text created by a worm attack on the main server of the Vatican), angelology, and the idea that God manifests Himself in the cyberspace. In 2063 a man by the name of Thomas Deran claimed to be an ex-supporter of the cult and described various cybernetic changes the Servants performed on their victim to turn Ms. Randell "into her true self". He died in a car accident two days after the publication of his interview.
The story about the fate of Angela Randell is considered an urban legend. But who knows...
Concept sketches in a couple of hours...
|01 January 2006||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.