I just want to say that I am a really big fan of your work and I'm hoping to save enough money to buy your dvd's. I'm currently seventeen years old and I attend the Saturday High program for high schoolers at ACCD.
Here are my questions:
1. Can you explain your process of going through your photoreal vellum renderings?
And on average, How long does it take for you to do a vellum rendering sketch, such as the rendering of your xeno1 on your website?
2. I have a problem with applying pastel and baby powder on my vellum. The rendering starts to get dirty as I apply more and more Pastel, even if I apply fixative. Do you have any suggestions?
3. When coming up with an idea for a car design, Do you feel that free form is much more important, or functionality?
4. Before you had entered into coventry and eventually into ACCD, did you have any prior experience or lessons in rendering automobiles? If so, where?
5. Do you give drawing lessons, if I live in the LA area?
Thanks nick. I really enjoy your work.