Jose Villafranca - Sketchbook

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

3 Weeks Ago
Havent been able to work so much lately. but i finally started on the helmet!

3 Weeks Ago
Happy to see more work on this character. You're really killing it with the hard surface work. Are you using Booleens for all your detailing? It looks so clean. Also how did you do the cloth part detailing? It looks so realistic.

Something I think might help would be to remove the seem on the top of the head. I think it pulls your attention up the face a little and think having the top plate one solid piece keeks your focus more in the center of the face.

Awesome work though. Love to see how this whole character is coming together.

3 Weeks Ago
Hi Martin!! Ive been poly modeling in Maya, i still use it for hard-surface and i feel i get cleaner shapes with it. The cloth detailing i mostly did it with the standard and dam standard brushes and also used a few alphas.

Also luckily that seam was just a Ctrl+z away from removing it haha. and youre right it does steal a bit of focus from the center of the face. Thanks for the help man!

3 Weeks Ago
Using Maya definitely payed off. You'r hard surface work is so clean. I always love your detailing, you make everything so realistic. Glad my tip helped
Id love to see the full character with the helmet on soon. This character is so cool

2 Weeks Ago
Love the Material indication on the soft parts!

2 Weeks Ago
Thanks Travis! I've been trying to use the game models as reference for it to match and trying to make it look like it belongs with the rest of the game characters.

reply share thread