Review of the Bosto Kingtee by a 6 year Wacom Cintiq user

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
Review of the Bosto Kingtee by a 6 year Wacom Cintiq user

Now I understand that if you have never used more than a normal graphics tablet that drswing on the screen is a whole new exciting world!

But if you have been using a Wacom Cintiq for over 6 years and then start using a Bosto tablet you will be in for a total let down.

I feel I wasted $799 that could have went to purchasing a "real professionals tool".
Don't make the mistake I did.

Why you ask? Ok lets begin.

- There's a full 1/4 inch gap between your stylus and the screen, not a big deal you say? Try editing selections in PS.

- The stylus has 2 buttons but ONLY one button is enabled/works. Seems to me an amateur B-grade thing to have in a product.

- The calibration is horrible, and you will never be able to click easily up to the edges of the wide screen.

- The stylus is so stiff (no matter what sensitivity settings I choose) that I always have to click 2-3 times.

- Right clicking is ridiculous, you have the right click menu popping up all the way across the screen half the time.

- If something goes wrong, guess what it costs to send back to China?
Shipping of $165 and ONLY 1 year warranty (good because I couldnt afford to send it to China too many times! (vs Wacom's 2 year warranty and paid shipping to and from)

- Keep in mind, if you try it and don't like it like me. It will cost you $165.00 S/H + 10 restocking fee(another $70)!
So almost $250 loss to try this product and see if Im wrong.

Save your money for a Wacom Cintiq, it is well worth professional quality.

Old 10 October 2013   #2
My brother had one, color quality an viewing angle is really terrible, and there's issues in certain multi-monitor setups.

Old 10 October 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread