Issue with arnold autocrop and Nuke

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Issue with arnold autocrop and Nuke

Hi guys!

Iīm a rookie with nuke, trying the 6.3v8 , and just upload a animation scene from maya, render with Arnold and it autocrop option selected. As Arnold forum support says, and I understand, this autocrop option: "removes pixels where alpha and all other channels are zero. It contains a bounding box around the content of the image, which informs a compositing application which part of the image needs to be identified and which part can be skipped. This is particularly useful when you have a cg element that is not filling the whole frame (see image below). Only a small part of the image will be processed in the compositing application, therefore it will only load the data window and skip the rest."

Problem, really stupid Iīm sure, itīs when I load the animation in nuke, resize the res from full hd to the box surrouding the mesh, in which in some moments of the animation itīs much less than 1920x1080. I even try the reformat node, but doesnīt work...what Iīm missing here?

Old 07 July 2013   #2
why do you want to resize it? bounding box and image size are 2 different things.

the image size (1920x1080) is the size of your "canvas". while the bounding box says how much of the image is populated with usefull pixels.
nuke should keep the image size to 1920x1080 and load only the pixels in the bounding box, leaving everything else besides. this means it can work faster because it doesnt need to load the whole frame, only the usefull pixels.

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Yes! youīre right!.

Bit confuse with concepts over here. I finally get it by adding a crop node and reformat the bounding box, I think, from there, to original full hd. Donīt know if thatīs the better way to do it, though, but works for now.

Danke Michael!

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread