Nanomesh issues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
Nanomesh issues

Hello CG comunity, I need help! I'm having an issues with nanomesh. Subtool is Zremeshered,got nice and clean topology.
But when i insert nanomesh to all polygons it doesn't create the nanomesh in the center of each poly,
instead it seems to spread it out randomly. The same thing happens if i use the "all quads" or "polygroup" modifiers.
My subtool contains 14,136 active points.

4 Weeks Ago
I've tried problem solving and I ran into the same issue too.
I realized that the problem comes from the OBJ.

First I imported a decimated OBJ and tried to do the nano mesh and I got he same exact result as yours.
So I tried importing non decimated OBJ and everything aligned in the center of the quads.
However when I decimated the model in zbrush and tried nanomesh again. It worked.
At the moment, it's really hard to tell what makes it trip up like that but I know the problem comes from the OBJ.

I would check as to how you exported your chain-mail OBJ out. Try not importing a decimated model.
Try trouble shooting importing different OBJs and see how your nanomesh is reacting.

Let me know as of any updates !

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by HannahKang: I've tried problem solving and I ran into the same issue too.
I realized that the problem comes from the OBJ.

First I imported a decimated OBJ and tried to do the nano mesh and I got he same exact result as yours.
So I tried importing non decimated OBJ and everything aligned in the center of the quads.
However when I decimated the model in zbrush and tried nanomesh again. It worked.
At the moment, it's really hard to tell what makes it trip up like that but I know the problem comes from the OBJ.

I would check as to how you exported your chain-mail OBJ out. Try not importing a decimated model.
Try trouble shooting importing different OBJs and see how your nanomesh is reacting.

Let me know as of any updates !

it's working with some obj's, but had no idea about decimaled obj's.....how you manage that?

4 Weeks Ago
zplugin>decimation master

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by informerman: zplugin>decimation master
nah, still not working + it converts all polys to tris and ruin my mesh

4 Weeks Ago
ok, it worked now, even with non-decimaled subtool. The only thing i did is changed nanomesh brush.
Damn, this is crazy, its only a practice but if i ever wanted in the future specific nanomesh to be applyed on a subtool without alternative and zbrush keep making these issues then im in deep shit.
So , sometimes it works, sometimes it won't.
But thanx anyways guys.

Last edited by DenisBarucija : 4 Weeks Ago at 09:16 PM.

4 Weeks Ago
the mesh your making that has lots of copy's of need lower polycounts or should be lower , try zremesher it to reduce the polcount
and the link i posted should of worked http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=140&t=1040839
the version of zbrush your using is not supported by pixologic and the version your using may have a bug
and its hard to help some one when they dont upgrade your zbrush because i cant test it on the version your using.

look at your pic you posted for the Zmodeler brush using nano insert namo mesh
its showing SLICE CURVE Brush not the Zmodeler brush

Last edited by informerman : 4 Weeks Ago at 01:20 AM.

reply share thread