CGTalk > Main > General Discussion
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #46
EricM
Expert
Eric Marodon

The exoskelettons would have made more impact if Damon was a weaker guy and visibly suffering more from the radiation. Here it felt like he was already a very strong guy with tubes attached and, past the first effects, nothing seemed to show his body was failing left and right.

I felt it would have been better if it wasn't to turn a buffy guy into a superwarrior rather than allow a normal guy to walk at all and show him get worse across the movie, as he needs heavier doses of drugs to keep on etc... This being said, it might have looked way too much like Disrtrict 9 all over again.

The exo was a good idea, but didn't get across to its full potential imho, much like many things in the movie. I still liked it for all its flaws.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #47
Calabi
Frequenter

portfolio
Wobbleyou
London, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke
I don't know you thought Wikus in D9 was Clichéd at all. I cant think of a similar character in the lead of a film in the 20 years.
He did fill a certain Archetype, but was certainly not clichéd.

Max (Matt Daymon) was determinately more of a stereotypical character, and I think that it was 'safer' to go with his character (who was certainly ore black and white than Wikus) with this larger budget. Same thing goes for Kruger.

Yeah I didnt mean D9 was cliched, just the Elysium character was clearly derived from D9.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #48
Artbot
Mostly Harmless

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Richard Green
The Man Who Sold the World
USA

Old 10-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #49
noizFACTORY
chanchito

portfolio
Sachin Shrestha
Production Technology Supervisor
Prana Studios
Mumbai, India

This movie was such a huge disappointment. The story was all over the place and seemed extremely disjointed. For all the Elysium space hype we barely get to know what that place is all about. The. VFX was top notch as usual but in service of an extremely weak story. There was a lot of potential in some of the ideas, like the healing pods, the class divide, the brain dump (or whenever it was called) but they never seemed to be fleshed out beyond the Hollywood cliches.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #50
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread