Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 06-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Zaphyrus
portfolio
USA

Interested in schools after graduating with Photography degree

Hi guys!

First post as a member and I was looking to see if I could get a few suggestions for graduate schools in the Midwest and West coast as well as kind of sort me out into the category of CG that best suites my interest (discipline/major/etc).

For starters, I just graduated undergrad with a BA in Photography and during the later stages of my college career I started getting into composite images and photo-illustrations. I've been looking to CG to help further my work and get it heading towards right direction. I've dabbled with basic elementary programs such as Sculptris and Blender just to get my feet wet but I've really enjoyed modeling characters to be sent into my images. An artist who really sparked my interest is Thomas Mangold and Scott Gianinni. Hunting forums and video tutorials has been helpful, and at the same time made the process even more overwhelming to the point where I've realized I am one of those people that just happen to learn better in a school environment.

So I guess in short, I want to learn some CG or I guess character modeling to ultimately help further my imagery.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
AJ1
User

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
A J
Indiana, USA

Hey man,

I'm not sure there's much in the Midwest that would spark your interest. If your into making more technical images, going to a school like Purdue or Ohio State for something like Industrial Design might help. Depual also has a masters in 3D animation, but there aren't many studios in Chicago. IUPUI has a nice Media Arts and Sciences degree that they offer.

If your looking to stay in the Midwest, I would recommend that you stay away from the Art Institutes or any other of those private for profit art schools.

-AJ

Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
Zaphyrus
portfolio
USA

Thanks for the response. And like you said, I'm having difficulty for sure trying to find many schools in the Midwest. Though I took a look at DePaul and after looking at the curriculum and what they offer, it's definitely worth looking into and seems like it's more in the realm of my interests toward CG.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread