Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #76
GruvDOne
Keeper of the Cheese

portfolio
Willie Frazier
USA

Send a message via AIM to GruvDOne Send a message via Yahoo to GruvDOne
First of all, I am no idiot, and I don't appreciate the unwarranted insult. Basically, what I saw was a developer who had appeared to give up on cross-platform compatibility with his plugin because unable to find a solution that would make life easier on his customers by not having to deal with tied-to-serial number keys. All I did was point out that I would rather deal with that perceived hassle than not have access to the tool at all. I also pointed out that there was a great deal of interest in such a port on this very thread, and that to ignore it was leaving money on the table.

So how are two statements of fact preceded by a logical conclusion based on all available evidence the hallmarks of idiocy?

To the OP, my intent was not to insult. In fact, my desire to see a Mac version of this plugin come to fruition should be seen as nothing but complementary of the excellent tool you have crafted. All I was trying to do was help nudge your motivation to make this version happen by reinforcing how much interest was out there. I never called you a name, like some of the other children around here seem so fond of doing, and said nothing but good things about the work you have done. I just wish you were more pro-active about cross-platfrom development. That's all. I apologize for any hurt feelings on your end.

At the end of the day, as artists, we tend to be a passionate lot. At times the expression of that passion fails to adequately transcend in the limited medium of forum prose.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #77
dataflow
Expert

portfolio
james hooten
digital media
TAFE
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruvDOne
First of all, I am no idiot, and I don't appreciate the unwarranted insult. Basically, what I saw was a developer who had appeared to give up on cross-platform compatibility with his plugin because unable to find a solution that would make life easier on his customers by not having to deal with tied-to-serial number keys. All I did was point out that I would rather deal with that perceived hassle than not have access to the tool at all. I also pointed out that there was a great deal of interest in such a port on this very thread, and that to ignore it was leaving money on the table.

So how are two statements of fact preceded by a logical conclusion based on all available evidence the hallmarks of idiocy?

To the OP, my intent was not to insult. In fact, my desire to see a Mac version of this plugin come to fruition should be seen as nothing but complementary of the excellent tool you have crafted. All I was trying to do was help nudge your motivation to make this version happen by reinforcing how much interest was out there. I never called you a name, like some of the other children around here seem so fond of doing, and said nothing but good things about the work you have done. I just wish you were more pro-active about cross-platfrom development. That's all. I apologize for any hurt feelings on your end.

At the end of the day, as artists, we tend to be a passionate lot. At times the expression of that passion fails to adequately transcend in the limited medium of forum prose.

its the way you sounded in your post that made me say Idiot.
i suggest before posting you read back your post and ask your self would that help or make the op feel bad.
your post made him feel bad there are ways of saying thing to inform people without insulting them.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #78
GruvDOne
Keeper of the Cheese

portfolio
Willie Frazier
USA

Send a message via AIM to GruvDOne Send a message via Yahoo to GruvDOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataflow
its the way you sounded in your post that made me say Idiot.
i suggest before posting you read back your post and ask your self would that help or make the op feel bad.
your post made him feel bad there are ways of saying thing to inform people without insulting them.

I don't see how, short of obtaining clairvoyant abilities, I could have foreseen my words as being offensive or insulting. I still look back at it and see nothing but a cogent argument for why going cross-platorm is a sensible thing to do. But in the end, I acknowledged it was his choice, and wished him well with whatever decision he ultimately came to.

In any case, I have since apologized for any hard feelings that resulted from the impact of my words not being congruent with my intent, and am moving on. If this tool ever does come out on Mac, I will buy it. If is does not, then que sera sera, as it were.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #79
flingster
cinema fan

flingster.
Sheffield, United Kingdom

ok this can go back any forth all day...we can read between the lines, people would like to see a mac version of this tasty morsel...

bygones people...one love...peace out...its the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend

Henry Moore

Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #80
laurent
Large Member

laurent
France

I can't believe the PS3 version isn't out yet.

Last edited by laurent : 02-25-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #81
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread