Looking for a spark

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Question Looking for a spark

Hello all,

I was viewing this forums for over 5 years and I believe it's time that I make some posts.
First of all my name is Jonathan (you can call me Jon) I am an artist from Israel.
I had my studies at high school of art and art history and as every Israel grown up (18) I had to go to the army.
After 3 years, I kinda lost my "grip" in the hands and also some of my inspiration.
After watching or should I say admiring the wonderful stuff many artists upload here I got my passion back but I stumbled up on some problems on my way... I lack the experience and technical guide lines, even though I have got some books and movies for help still I can't seem to really make a good sync with my hand and my mind.

I was planning to go to an art school to study Illustration and get my self focused for basically Concept art for any industry - most preferred game industry.

Now the thing is that I was looking around Europe for a school/college/university but it seems for me as there is a great difference between the same major name to what is actually applied.
My point is: at the US it seems more Concept art motivated and Europe is more Communication motivated.
Now for my small pocket Europe it much preferred as I can actually afford to go there, while for the US I will have to sell my kidneys and I will still need to add more to actually afford it.

So as you can understand I face 2 main questions here:
Is the Illustration they teach at EU is the same as in the US?
And if so is there a good place in EU to study Illustration - Professorial and "modest" places are what I look for, big names does not interest me.

And nope, I am sorry I can't really make it through Online Classes I must be IN class to get myself really into it, I guess it's the environment that gives me a bit of a spark.

I would really appreciate any comment and help given, links and other stuff will be verry helpful!

Thank you all,
Jon

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread