Videos of Value

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
Videos of Value

Hey everyone, I decided to make this thread to inspire upcoming artists and show that there are so many valuable free resources online that anyone can access.

In addition to this, since I myself know that so many resources can be just as overwhelming as they are inspiring, for every video I post I will comment about why I see it as a valuable research and what I personally learned from it. Also, since I wan't this to be a learning experience for me too, I won't post all the resources I learned from at once. Instead I'm going to try and re-watch all my old resources and try and pinpoint the reason why I found it important.

Feel free to post your own favorite video's and write a little about why it is important to you and what you learned about it.

For the first video I'm going to choose a new resource that got me thinking about this idea.

This is a lesson in clay from the Stan Winston School YouTube channel, which has a lot of good videos.
How to Sculpt Wounds & Gashes

What I leaned:
Timestamp - 0:25
When a wound is healing it's will do this by turning the skin back into the body.
To emulate this look soften the edges of a wound.
Timestamp - 3:00
Create a subtle light shadow around the woundto create the look of swelling, which is an important feature that all wounds should have
To emulate this look sculpt into the clay, creating 'soft trenches',around the wound you are sculpting.
Timestamp - 4:30
Create deeper cuts in inner wound to emulate chunks of fat that would fall out of a wound.
Timestamp - 6:20
The impact point of a wound will be wider and have more swelling, wheres the exit point will have less swelling and be smaller.

Last edited by martintk : 2 Weeks Ago at 06:11 AM.

2 Weeks Ago
The video has an error on it.

2 Weeks Ago
Thanks for letting me know about the error, Just fixed it.

reply share thread