A morphing plug for R9

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
A morphing plug for R9

I'm looking to upgrade from R8.5 to R9, but due to cost, I can't afford to do the MOCCA module too. I've got CD IK Tools for rigging, but I'll need an R9 compatable morpher to replace posemixer. Is there one ?
Cheers.

03 March 2005
Cheers, just what I was after.

03 March 2005
there is a free one in the C4D SDK. You have to compile the SDK files in your plugin directory
to use it, if you need help PM me

Bob

03 March 2005
This could be interesting too, Bobtronic. I won't have the upgrade for a few weeks, so I'll look into it at the time. I just wanted to know I wouldn't be screwed if I upgraded.
Thanks for your help.

03 March 2005
What type of morpher is included in the sdk? sounds interesting.

03 March 2005
I attached a screenshot of the SDK Morphmixer. It's a generator object and you parent your
reference and targetobjects to it. There are sliders for the targets in the AM. It's a fast and
simple morphing tool.

Bob

03 March 2005
How cool. guess I need to take a peek in the SDK folder. Although.. I have no SDK / programming exp hehe. It looks like you still need to create seperate objects for each pose?

03 March 2005
MAkes me wonder what other kinds of goodies are hidden in the SDK.

03 March 2005
The BIG advantage of Emorpher, though, is it doesn't need a copy of the mesh, as it works with an animated PLA track. You don't need to carry around a big file or copies of the mesh.
It's quite straightforward, sturdy, efficient and not expensive (40$).
I did a tutorial about it in the 3DAttack issue of march, if you have it.
One of my favorite tool with CDIKTools, best price/efficiency you will find for that kind of tool.
The downside compared to Mocca, is that it only morphs polygon objects. Mocca can morph bone hierarchy, splines, and so on...

03 March 2005
Hmm that is quite intrigueing Bobtronic! I am in need of a morpher as well and had been planning to grab emorpher, but I am also wanting to use morphs in conjunction with Motionbuilder. Since I don't have Mocca I miss out on any blendshape workflow between the two apps. I am wondering if this SDK morpher (presumably the basis of the pose mixer in Mocca) will function as a replacement, as I know that emorpher won't work with fbx.

Can you give any links or details as to how to compile the SDK? I also have noticed the import dialog in your pic for Magpie Pro...is this something you added or does this come as standard. I still have Magpie pro from when I used it for Lip Synch in Animation Master and would be cool to use with Cinema...

Cheers...

03 March 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread