CGTalk > Techniques > Lighting and Shaders
Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
kriskendall99
Explorer
portfolio

Is There An App That Will Do What I Need?

I'm looking for an app that will allow me to composite different textures together in real time. Basically, the workflow that I'm trying to use involves creating AO, diffuse, and vertex color passes in Blender and compositing them together with an external software. I would like to know if there is a software that would allow me to import animated sequences that I would then texture and render in real time.
What I've Tried So Far:
Unity-This software does almost exactly what I need. However, it seems to only be able to handle individual animations, not entire sequences. Also, it is a bit difficult to convert Unity gameplay to a video.
Blender-Blender's GLSL viewport rendering would be perfect if it's alpha blending worked the way Unity's does. Instead, Blender just creates holes in the mesh where the transparency is supposed to be.
Other Game Engines-It is difficult to export Blender materials/animations and create a video file from the engine.
Are there any known solutions that will composite baked render passes onto animated meshes?

reply share thread