denisT
MAX Doctor

portfolio
Denis Trofimov
CA, USA

Send a message via ICQ to denisT
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarnoise
Are there any good guides/examples on dotNet UI and maxscript?
I've seen some general guides on dotNet, and plenty on maxscript UI's, but not a lot on combining the two.

it was some evolutionary migration process for me from max script UIs to .NET and WPF. some period i was using max dialogs with dotnet controls. today i don't use the mixture of rollout and dotnet controls in the max dialogs. i always try to design my tools the way to use only max or .net solution, and try to avoid any combination.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
solarnoise
Veteran
portfolio
Derrick B
Worcester, USA

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I think I finally found some ridiculous bugs in RolloutCreator which have been impeding me.

I think the main point is: RolloutCreator gets "confused" when you have too many controls/handlers and can't keep them straight.

I build a dynamic UI based on info found in a XML file. I then write back to the XML file depending on what I do on this UI.

For that last step, I OFTEN find that RC messed up which handlers belongs to which control,and will often garble my XML file with the wrong information... or occasionally, not be able to find a control! I generate the names of the controls so that each one is unique and has a matching handler... sometimes I hit a button and Max tells me that the control is undefined.

Does this sound like typical RC buggy behavior?

I am going to experiment with Dennis' method of building the dynamic rollouts with strings and then executing them.

Man, I wish I knew about this sooner, I've built several non-trivial UI's with RolloutCreator, and assumed the XML bugs was due to some bad IO code on my end... turns out after switching to DotNot for XML I/O, the problems still existed and I'm 99% sure it's the RC's fault.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
denisT
MAX Doctor

portfolio
Denis Trofimov
CA, USA

Send a message via ICQ to denisT
current Rollout creator is very buggy. i can easily fix these bugs because the script is very simple by my opinion, but... it's outdated for sure. it needs to be completely rewritten.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread