Spectacular 2D Entry: Raineiro Cobos

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
Concept Sketch: refine line

I was studing the big birds (i love them) wing and found some mistakes in my concept, i have a slow progress cuase i'm working in other projects, but there are always time for paint, i try to refine the pose of the principal "bird" cause i think is more agresive, and more natural when it hunt, i appreciate your replys about this.
Also i modify a little the "tails" concept, so i just leave three tails for bird, and i have an idea for the name: Wings vs. Wings.
Lync: Thanks for your reply sorry for the late answer, i agree with the likeness for detail you make me think again in the first sketch, maybe integrate the joystick part.

10 October 2005
now the birds look better still so good work

11 November 2005
Concept Sketch: More detail

I was seduced by the idea to show the joystick (thanks Lync), so i decide enlarge vertically the canvas size for work in that area.
nkdksk Thanks fella for your reply, i hope you also like this new version

11 November 2005
Great idea! Maybe two hands are too much...did you try using just the left one in the scene ? I mean, you could use juste the hand on the joystick in the middle.

11 November 2005
Concept Sketch: sketch05

i'm very busy, and i am afraid about time, i wish have enough time for dedicate to this work, anyways i promess to myself finish those at all cost... without sacriface the quality obviuosly.
So back into the draw i decide to enlarge a bit more the canvas vertically, and also making the change that medunecer suggest me, an also move the far bird to the top, for fill the clear space in the top, i think the proportions isn't the standart format but i belive the illustration idea deserve it.
so again medunecer thanks for your advice, i'm sorry if my feedback are slow but i appreciate all your C&C, and always y take them under consideration.

Last edited by Is-boset : 11 November 2005 at 03:05 AM.

11 November 2005
Line Art: line art

here a clean line of the draw, i think i'm ready for coloring, thanks for everyone comments, i'm happy with the progress, to this point. I decide make bigger the near bird for give to it more importance rather than other bird here a sample of the original size version.

11 November 2005
Hi Raineiro,

Nice line drawing. I love the camera angle you chose and I have to agree that making the foreground bird larger helps balance your layout. I look forward to seeing how you will color your final image. Good luck and thank you for your comments - J

11 November 2005
A quick sketch, about pilot.
Mecha Hate Chimp: Thanks for your comment and take time to visit my entry.

11 November 2005
the pilot looks really good with this clear line but i think the birds need more details

12 December 2005
Coloring WIP: first coloring

i will have a very hard work to finish this, thanks for your replies.

12 December 2005
Unhappy I COULDN't MAKE IT!

Sorry Guys for don't finish my entry in the challenge, but seems the destiny don't let me finish it as i purpose, i was hospitalized by an appendicitis and was impossible doing someting for the challenge, so util today i could have again contact with my computer.
I appreeciatte so much the support of the ones who see my entry, and especially for nkdksk, ducklator, medunecer, ChrisThatGuy, Koekebakker, Lync and Macha Hate Chimp. i shall finish the draw and thanks for your kind words, i hope soon you could see my draw finished.

12 December 2005
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you do finish your piece because it is a great concept with a great composition. It has developed really well so far.

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread