Cloud Generator for Maya 2011 & 2012

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2013
what do i do to make the clouds more wispy? right now its ok but soft enough

07 July 2013
any one have any input on this jus need to make the clouds softer

07 July 2013
File Missing !

Ive downloaded it.. In the "install.txt" instructions it says that I have to copy both "emfxClouds.mel and AEfluidEmitterTemplate.mel" into the Maya scripts directory. But it only contain the "emfxClouds.mel" file only.

Where can I download the "AEfluidEmitterTemplate.mel" ? Any link ?

Thank you !

07 July 2013
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by markhaloce: Ive downloaded it.. In the "install.txt" instructions it says that I have to copy both "emfxClouds.mel and AEfluidEmitterTemplate.mel" into the Maya scripts directory. But it only contain the "emfxClouds.mel" file only.

Where can I download the "AEfluidEmitterTemplate.mel" ? Any link ?

Thank you !

Sorry.. I didnt read the description in creativecrash.. It was my bad.. It works perfectly. Thank you !

03 March 2014
This script is amazing, thank you for this.

Just one question, can this script be used for animations (animated clouds)? I've tried caching the clouds to an nCache but my renderer (VRay) fails ever time.

If the clouds are static they render really nicely, but I just can't seem to render out the clouds animated through the nCache.

Edit: Hmm upon further testing it may have to do with my light cache. Have to test it a bit more.

Last edited by EduardoMC : 03 March 2014 at 11:05 PM.

11 November 2014
Smile Flickering issue on rendering

Hi Emmanuel,

Very appreciated your post here. I have used your script to generate the most awesome clouds so far and I really like it. But there is an issue with the renders, which contain flickerings on frames. I have tried the indirection lighting and Final gathering on and off and they do not seem to work.

If you know this issue or you could advise me to go to some of the settings, I would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

11 November 2015
What does the bake button do exactly?

I know this is an old thread but the plugin is still awesome! I don't know if the original creator frequents this thread ever but i'm trying to understand what the "bake" button does as once I use it I can't increase the base resolution of the fluid anymore. I mean I can but the fluid will vanish if base resolution is changed.

Are you able to tell me what the bake button does so that I can trouble shoot this?

Thanks again this tool is amazing!

reply share thread