Need your advice about the workflow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2018
Need your advice about the workflow

Hello Guys,

I am working right now on this Shirt model, I did my base mesh inside max then exported and sculpted by Zbrush.

after sculpting

But I have a problem with texturing, as i need to separate theshirt collar to get a differentmaterial than shirt itself to be something like this one

So I tried to retopology the model using different ways and values of Zremesher with using its brush guidance too, andtried to use Decimation master
but i can't get a suitable UV as i need to separate & control in each part of shirt.

Also when trying to Unwrap and import both Low & High poly inside Substance Painter, I found many glitches.

So anyway I need your advice about the right unwrapping & baking maps workflow to get what i am aiming for.

Thank you.

Last edited by Moatazsayed : 07 July 2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: add thumbnail

4 Weeks Ago
I am guessing the whole shirt is a single polygroup. In that case I would drop to a lower subdivision and use ZModeler on each collar polygon (Alt+Click each poly) to make a separate polygroup of the collar. Then in the SubTool palette, go to Split>Groups Split to make separate groups of the collar and rest of the shirt.

3 Weeks Ago
I agree with Dillster. Get different UV shells by using polygroups
You can also UV in Max is its more comfortable with you. Export the low sub-D and reimport the obj with UVs.

reply share thread