God of War 2 Marketing Illustration, Andy Park (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
God of War 2 Marketing Illustration, Andy Park (2D)

Title: God of War 2 Marketing Illustration
Name: Andy Park
Software: Maya, Photoshop

This is a marketing illustration I did for the God of War 2 video game. I first sketched out a detailed b/w image. The in-game 3D models were then posed to match the image and then I took that and painted up the final image. It's a weird way to work given that the 3D models were so low poly that it's only real use at the end was in the placement of the characters. And even those have to be adjusted to make the illustration work. But it was a fun challenge.

03 March 2007
Captivating illustration. This game was a blast, and I remember fighting that boss. Good job!

03 March 2007
Very great illustration. I love God of War. The movement that you captured really demonstrates God of War. Great job.

03 March 2007
I remember seeing this image on the offical GOWII site a couple weeks ago, and I was awe-struck. Still to this day I think it's one of the most amazing Illustrations I've ever seen. Great job man! You're definitely an essential piece that makes God Of War such a successful franchise, and I hope you're doing the third game as well!

03 March 2007
excellent !

5 stars !

03 March 2007
love the figures, very dynamic and intersting but the background green does kill that energy a bit.

03 March 2007
Superb

5 Stars

03 March 2007
awesome work mate. this is my favorite of your GOW 2 pieces, really nice colors and you can feel how pissed Kratos is. captured the scene very well 5* from me

FalconCG

03 March 2007
The GOW team deserves all the kudos they can get. You folks did an incredible job on the games... bring on the PS3 sequel!

{plugged}

Cheers,

~t

03 March 2007
awesome work!

03 March 2007
wOw...its wondeful job.
Full of feelings

03 March 2007
Awesome job... I just watched I think it was the Spike tv thing on gametrailers about GOW 2, it was pretty sweet.

03 March 2007
Welcome to cgtalk...
great work

03 March 2007
Great Job! I like its mood and action.. But, body tattoo of the main guy looks too sharp! Little smoothness there could've been great

Anyway, it's cool job..
Congrats

03 March 2007
VERY nice! I've been seeing so much good press about this game, it's almost got me inspired to buy a PS2 to play it! (almost) I would really love to see some WIP images from this, like the sketches and initial figure poses you mentioned. I'm working on something similar in spirit (using game characters as a basis for more enhanced images) and would love to get a peek at your process so I can swipe your ideas. I mean, LEARN FROM YOU.

Thread Closed share thread