Shift+Option/Alt with Mouse Click Does Not Deselect Individual Selected Faces

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2018
Shift+Option/Alt with Mouse Click Does Not Deselect Individual Selected Faces

Ihave found a pretty blatant bug in Silo all 2.5.x Mac installs.Shift+Option/Alt with a mouse click does not deselect faces once selected.
It does seem to work with a selection drag out - but this is not my normal work flow and very hard to do in some instances.I've reproduced this on my April 2017 MBP 15"Running High Sierra (up to date)with the integrated intel GPU andwith the Radeon Pro 650with Anti-aliasing turned on & offI've also reproduced this on my early 2013 MBPRunning El Capitan

I need a solution - I'm using a 2.3 install because I over wrote my last good version of Silo that worked and 2.3 is the latest installer I could find on my machines.Thank you!

05 May 2018
I would first check mouse settings have that combination set to 'Select Visible Subtract'? You might have managed to change it somehow.
You can download all versions of Silo from 2.3.1 and newer here (at the bottom of the page)

05 May 2018
Odd this happened on both machines. It might be a shared settings updated with new installs.
I never recall SHIFT+OPTION(ALT) and LMB == PAN VIEW before; I set it to 'Select Visible Subtract' like you stated and its working fine.
But now my SILO 2.3x doesn't work much at all -- the HD monitor causes the mouse pointer not to select what it's over.

Groovy 2.5x works now thanks!

reply share thread