Placing an animation over another shorter animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
Placing an animation over another shorter animation

Been a long time since I've been in this forum, looks nice, I like the new couch you got, very classy.
anyways....
I have an animation that's 9 frames that I want to place over one that's 200+ frames and have it looping through the whole thing.
any suggestions?
I'm gonna try flash, but it will be a while for it to finish...*shipping*

06 June 2007
well, you can do that in flash, you can also do it in after effects, what are you doing with this video? another thing that could determine what would be the best program to use because there are many more programs then just adobe products out there hehe.

Also on the adobe website you can download demos of many of the programs, get a demo of flash or after effects and finish up your project while it's shipping

06 June 2007
I was thinking about maybe after effects, It's been a while since I used it, but I only used it for video editing.
What I'm doing now is just a simple gif banner for a local dj's mixtape. I have the whole thing done and was planning on going through and placing hobbes (from calvin and hobbes) dancing through the whole thing, but that would take forever, and it looks weird because not all my frames have the same delay.
here i'll upload both

So I just want the hobbes on top of the other one dancing through the whole thing, and i'll make him dance out at the end for the production company name and back in at the beginning.
It's been a while since i've used flash too, but I think It'd be easier for me to use flash, just because my brother has it, and noone i know has after effects at the moment.
Hehe yah, I guess I'm just stuck on adobe, if you have any suggestions for another program that's non-adobe, i'd like to try one, hopefully flash will work though, was just kind of hoping for some basic sort of free program whose sole purpose is combining animations or something.

Thanks for your advice! this forums awesome.

06 June 2007
Image ready can do whatyou want man. image ready is meant for that type of stuff

Or the uLead animator, I forget the name of it, uLead gif animator or something. uLead makes it, you can look em up online if you want or can't get image ready to do what you want

06 June 2007
I don't know that I could do that with imageready. I would have to animate each frame individually throughout the 200 frame animation, and they wouldn't be able to animate seperately. Some of the frames in the banner are 0 delay and some are .3 delay, and hobbes would stop dancing at those points, i want his dancing to be smooth, and uninterrupted by the other animations frame speed.
I put it into flash and got it working great, only problem is I can't get it to work in full color

I don't know why but when I do it as adaptive it stops at 30 frames, and it even freezes half the time while i'm trying to save it.

06 June 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread