Modo 701 new features tour, 701 is available right now.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Novakog: Ali - for viewport updating during playback, try turning off "Hot Scrubbing" in the viewport options ("O" key over a viewport, or the gear button in the top right). That will pretty much completely disable it while playing an animation, and it will lazily update (wait until you stop moving) while scrubbing.

You can scale keys in the graph editor using Ctrl + RMB + Drag, or Shift + RMB + Drag (Ctrl scales based on the end of your selection closest to your mouse, shift scales centered on the key closed to your mouse). It's an omission in the docs of the graph editor, but it's in the docs for the gradient editor (which is mostly the same thing).

I think you're right about the time haul tool being too sensitive, and it would be good to be able to hide it. It would also be good to have a faster way to set a playback range.



Ah thanks Andrew! Hot Scrubbing does what I need.
 
  03 March 2013
Lux looks to be on a roll! Unlimited render nodes is huge. I don't know any renderer that's as fast and beatiful and comes with unlimited render nodes... Live particles look very interesting... I have to give modo another try to see if I can get my head around the shading workflow. The node editor for particle effects would be cool for material and shaders too btw. Great release, great work
__________________
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex & more violent..." Einstein
 
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by mustique: Lux looks to be on a roll! Unlimited render nodes is huge. I don't know any renderer that's as fast and beatiful and comes with unlimited render nodes... Live particles look very interesting... I have to give modo another try to see if I can get my head around the shading workflow. The node editor for particle effects would be cool for material and shaders too btw. Great release, great work



The shading workflow is as simple as it gets, if you know how to use photoshop layers you know how to texture in modo.
 
  03 March 2013
And for some reason Luxology didn't show one of the coolest new features in modo 7, the variation texture. Check it out at the demo video here:

http://sabpro.box.com/s/343tkjfwdn274eac8zfh
 
  03 March 2013
Sheepfactory, since you seem to have tried your hand at character animation in modo 701 would you mind comparing it to maya or Softimage (where it falls short, where it shines). I am curious if it is worth trying it at this point, or if it a release or 2 away. Does Modo have a feature like character sets so all controls can be keyed at once?
 
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by jamination: Sheepfactory, since you seem to have tried your hand at character animation in modo 701 would you mind comparing it to maya or Softimage (where it falls short, where it shines). I am curious if it is worth trying it at this point, or if it a release or 2 away. Does Modo have a feature like character sets so all controls can be keyed at once?


AFAIK, NLA is still not available and neither loading of .bvh or usual mocap files.

But there is this. BVH loader script or something.

http://forums.luxology.com/topic.aspx?f=4&t=69994

there are ACS kit to help you better at this rigging and animating

http://forums.luxology.com/topic.as...&t=74356&page=1


So this might be a problem for those who already invested in mocap (for example the lowcost ipi studio).
 
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by jamination: Sheepfactory, since you seem to have tried your hand at character animation in modo 701 would you mind comparing it to maya or Softimage (where it falls short, where it shines). I am curious if it is worth trying it at this point, or if it a release or 2 away. Does Modo have a feature like character sets so all controls can be keyed at once?


I need some more time getting familiar with modo before I can fully compare but I am pretty happy working in it.

You should definitely give it a try and see for yourself when the demo is available.
 
  04 April 2013
I'm unable to watch any of the videos on Luxology.TV right now, not even ones about the older versions of modo. I'm using Firefox and tried disabling all my plug-ins, except for Quicktime, Flash, and Java, but that didn't help. The links that say "View YouTube" don't work either and all videos say "0 kb/s : 0MB", the meaning of which I don't understand in this specific context. The site doesn't request any login credentials so I doubt that is the problem. Any ideas?
 
  04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Zeddicus: I'm unable to watch any of the videos on Luxology.TV right now, not even ones about the older versions of modo. I'm using Firefox and tried disabling all my plug-ins, except for Quicktime, Flash, and Java, but that didn't help. The links that say "View YouTube" don't work either and all videos say "0 kb/s : 0MB", the meaning of which I don't understand in this specific context. The site doesn't request any login credentials so I doubt that is the problem. Any ideas?


Wait a few hours. I think the 701 section and tour are being updated right now, so a lot stuff doesn´t work atm.
__________________

 
  04 April 2013
Originally Posted by CB_3D: Wait a few hours. I think the 701 section and tour are being updated right now, so a lot stuff doesn´t work atm.

That's probably the case, once again proving my timing is as impeccable as always lol.
 
  04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Zeddicus: That's probably the case, once again proving my timing is as impeccable as always lol.


well, nothing is ever easy ;-)
__________________

 
  04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.