Any Dope Sheet Ed. alternatives..something more complete?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Any Dope Sheet Ed. alternatives..something more complete?

Please someone enlighten me if I'm missing something, but I'm at the point of hoping there is a plug-in or something that's better than the Dope Sheet Editor...at least something that clearly delineates what keyframes are set for each and every attribute, position, etc. of a selected object.

To explain: (I'm on Maya 2013) In the Scene Summary I'll sometimes see two entries for 'incandescence' (or Glow Intensity, etc.), but there is no hierarchy showing which entry and keyframes goes with which object. If you have 4-5 objects that have the same attribute keyed at the same frame, I don't think I've ever seen 4-5 entries on the left of the Scene Summary. As far as I can tell, if a keyframe is set for something like Incandescence--but two objects have this same attribute keyed at the same frame--it looks like they're all getting lumped together at that spot in the Dope Sheet.

Selecting an object does show it at the bottom of the Dope Sheet beneath Scene Summary, but the only things displayed there are position, rotation, visibility, etc. Why aren't all the other set keyed attributes for the object also listed there? At least then you would know which keyframes apply to that specific object. They're apparently all accounted for in the Summary, so why they aren't also shown under the specific object's keyframes make no sense to me.

I can't see forcing myself to set all keyed attributes at different frames simply to be able to tell them apart in the Dope Sheet Editor. So I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm missing and how to tell what keys apply to a selected object. It would be a huge help.
Thanks,
JTT

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread