Hella - Goddess of the Dead, Hai Phan (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Hella - Goddess of the Dead, Hai Phan (3D)

Title: Hella - Goddess of the Dead
Name: Hai Phan
Software: 3D-Coat, BodyPaint, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz1TB5clBzM&hd=1

This is a high resolution game model inspired by Hella, the Norse Goddess of the Dead. It's not meant to be a literal interpretation, but there are enough parallels with the design that I thought the name was fitting. I created this 3d model from concepts painted by Herman Ng. This model is ~29k triangles, with multiple high resolution textures. It's not optimized at all because the goal was to see what kind of quality I could achieve without worrying about restrictions.

I used Maya, Zbrush, 3dCoat, Xnormal, BodyPaint, and Photoshop. Real time rendering with Marmoset Toolbag.

10 October 2012
awesome work man!

10 October 2012
Sexy char!

10 October 2012
Beautiful character Hai, interesting weapon design you made there

10 October 2012
Awesome work!

10 October 2012
Very nicely done. The pose, model and texture have a very nice quality to them. I know her right hand pose is more for elegance but having it so open like that makes her weapon feel weightless. Still I understand why you did and it doesn't bother me all that much. Thanks for sharing. Also great to see a local and also someone who works half a block away from me! I work at Storm8 just down the street.

10 October 2012
Thanks for your comments, everyone!

Originally Posted by Mrguy: I know her right hand pose is more for elegance but having it so open like that makes her weapon feel weightless. Still I understand why you did and it doesn't bother me all that much. Thanks for sharing. Also great to see a local and also someone who works half a block away from me! I work at Storm8 just down the street.

I totally agree. To be honest, the hands in general could be a lot better, and I really should have made a better rig for the model too. I appreciate the crit!

Ohyea, Storm8 does some pretty cool stuff! I like your Castle Story characters.

10 October 2012
Impressive work

11 November 2012
Talking

She is beautiful. She has a gracefulness to her ,but at the same time a very deadly kind of look, almost lady Death like. Nice job. It is always nice to see work that isn't restricted at all and pushed to the max.

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread