Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

04 April 2018
Hello @ragupasta it's been a while I did not see you online. Great entry so fart. I will fix a bit the shaders (the grapes look a bit glassy) and then start working one light a time trying school. Why don't you try a Rembrandt lighting approach ? Can you post your setup ? That will be helpful for giving you feedback. Thanks
Giorgio

04 April 2018
Hi jojo.

The lighting is not too far away from Rembrandt-esq lighting setup. It's 2 vray area lights setup similar to Rembrandt. The difference is I have GI turned on. I should probably turn it off for the more contrast type look that Rembrandt serves. Yeah the shaders do need a lot of work yet, especially the grapes. Takes a long time to try and get the SSS right. Once that is right, I'm going to add noise to the surface as you tend to see in grapes, so translucent parts, and some parts not translucent.

Any more suggestions would be very welcome.

Here is the setup.

06 June 2018
Hi all! Will there be new challenges in the future? Really enjoyed them. Here are some renders I recently did from a really old challenge. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
- David Wu
https://www.davidwuportfolio.com

06 June 2018
Hello ! Yes, there will be challenges in the future, we are organising new one. About the image, I think that's more a kind of a simulation challenge Very funny indeed m it will be useful to see how you manage to create it
G

reply share thread