santoshdhayapulay812
SantuD

portfolio
Santosh dhayapulay
hyderabad, India

Question Maya Visor-Meteor animate

Hi friends,

Please help me with this..

The project scene I am working contains Meteor (Not meteorautosize) from visor. so there is an object(Fireball) that has animated keyframes and I want this meteor to follow fireball object that crashes the ground.

the problem which I face is ..

1. if I parent the meteor to object it creates scaling problem with scene scale that is large enough.
2. if I manually keyframe the fluid emitters along the path of Fireball object the meteor will not emit the smoke properly.

Please give me some advise on this

Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Duncan
Expert

Duncan Brinsmead
Principal Scientist
Autodesk
Canada

That preset is pretty old. Instead check out this example:
https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/dun...ith_maya_fluids

You can download the scene fireball.zip on that page.

The old preset had multiple emitters, including a smaller fuel emitter which really is not needed. As well there are many new attributes(even that fireball example is old) that could help with creating a meteor. Autoresize would help as well as motion streak on the emitter.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
santoshdhayapulay812
SantuD

portfolio
Santosh dhayapulay
hyderabad, India

Thumbs up thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
That preset is pretty old. Instead check out this example:
https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/dun...ith_maya_fluids

You can download the scene fireball.zip on that page.

The old preset had multiple emitters, including a smaller fuel emitter which really is not needed. As well there are many new attributes(even that fireball example is old) that could help with creating a meteor. Autoresize would help as well as motion streak on the emitter.

what a coincidence, i had just gone through your tutorial yesterday while doing some deep research on this. thanks for the reply on this forum. and yes you are right..there are multiple emitters in visor examples which confused me at first. also I found the advantage of auto resize.

though it worked the way I want..i am still struggling with the density or the smoke which gives a very smooth-thick cotton/foam like feel. I want some noise or a bit of transparency in smoke. which attributes do I need to play with?

thanks

Last edited by santoshdhayapulay812 : 06-15-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spell check

Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
Duncan
Expert

Duncan Brinsmead
Principal Scientist
Autodesk
Canada

Perhaps density dissipation, transparency, opacity graph. You can try some texturing(use the built in noise), but it is better to increase resolution as much as possible... the problem is you will hit memory limits generally before the resolution is as high as you would like it. Using the high detail solve can help provide more detail without needing as high a resolution. Turbulence on the emitter can help, and temperature turbulence can help preserve detail in motion. If you have high detail solve off then instead swirl can add detail.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #5
santoshdhayapulay812
SantuD

portfolio
Santosh dhayapulay
hyderabad, India

Thumbs up It works

Hello Duncan,

thanks for the tips. that helped me alot to sort out things. i played with those attributes and finally the desired look was accomplished by increasing the Velocity->Noise to a high value.

I uploaded the test screenshots just for letting know what I mean. Smoke1 image is the one which i hate and Smoke2 is the desired output

Smoke1

Smoke2

anyhow thanks alot for help.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread