Aged man anatomy help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Aged man anatomy help

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here in CGTalk.
I just started to study anatomy for 6 months now and currently I'm working in this piece.

I'm looking for some anatomy and proportions tips and critiques, as well as workflows about showcasing finished models when focusing exclusively in modeling.

Thanks in advance.

01 January 2013
I love what you've done so far!

I think the ear should be closer to the face. The horizontal line in the stomach might need to be removed.

I also think that if you want to create a natural pose, you should change the finger positions. Right now, all the fingers are bent the same way. I usually make the pinky the most curled up one, an "de-curl" each one after that a little more until the index finger that's almost not bent.

I had taken pictures of my own hand as a reference to my current project. Perhaps this will illustrate what I mean and be of use to you:

01 January 2013
Whoa! Those pics are a great help, as well as your comment.
Everything that you said makes perfect sense, I can even see how off the ear is right now.

For the belly: the guy I'm using as reference have this weird line in this area, but actually I don't understand why. Maybe I can just remove it and see if the model becomes more interesting/natural.

Currently I'm overloaded with work, but as soon as I get some free time I'll come back to work in this one.

Thank you very much and see you soon

01 January 2013
Nice work so far. To me the forearms look too short, usually they are longer than the upper arm. The crease across his belly looks odd, especially as he doesn't have a pot belly.

01 January 2013
The pose looks very fragile so the body could be 10 or 80 which is just right. Maybe the back could be bent just a teeny bit in the end pose, not for sculpting though.

I reckon you nailed it already.

01 January 2013
Dillster: thanks for stopping by. I agree with you observations and already done that here. I reworked the belly area and it looks really better, thanks a lot!

Kanga: I've seen some of your comments on another pieces and they're always great statements. So I'm glad you had the time and interest to give me some words. I'll keep in mind what you've said on my future updates, thank you

I've made some improvements already but I want to post here when I have more work done. Right now I'm doing some "revisions" on each part and thinking about moving to detailing. Is this a good workflow? Or maybe consider tweaking for a more natural pose before adding details?
Currently my time is scarce, but I'm using all that I can to work on this one, so I hope to update anytime soon.

01 January 2013
I reckon you should work on the figure that is in a pose you are comfortable with. The end pose will probably be very subtle so if you want you can always do that when you are finished. You can really do a number of poses to see what works best anyhow.

Cheers

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread