Ballo. --Armed and dangerous-- SomeoneDangerous...so much...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2012
Las Fallas are sweet days here over Valencia jejejeje Enjoying them, and I invite everyone to come to Valencia, Spain and enjoy them aswell, starting last week and untill next monday night. The "big thing" takes place this weekend!

Me gusta tu blog, btw

04 April 2012
Hi!

Here is an update. It's a composition image. I like to play with fusion meanwhile I'm doing some renders, its more fun. Yep, its a big step from before but anw, I'm quite lazy person with the updates.
Textures are quite rough and still improving it, I have some troubles posing my character because Import as a layer in Mudbox is world space so when I rotate the hand, put the new pose level 0, the high sculpt go broken. I starting to resculpt in pose because, yes, I don't want to deal with any displacements maps (I hate them) so I will render the whole high meshes.

I will put more angle cameras soon.

04 April 2012
i like the mood of your image...

and i hate dispmaps also...

04 April 2012
This is starting to look Really good!..
If i could point out 1 thing,. the cloth over the heads(hoods) looks a bit stange. its 2 thick and seems 2 be 1 piece whereas a a cloth wrapped around like that would probably have a lil overlapping. also the blending of the 2 hoods seems unnatural. The folds suggest 2 seperate pieces but the seem to be joined.

I really like the lighting and the designs(tattoo's?) on his body. keep it comin!

04 April 2012
wow, the render is superdark in my work's monitor. I should to calibre it to have a better lighting balance.

Thanks guys. Really good point HrIsHi, I'm remodelling in pose the character so I will take care of the hood intersection.

04 April 2012
Cool update! Would like to see some clay renderings of this one

Dispmaps sucks... maybe you could try lower subdiv levels with normalmaps.

04 April 2012
Thanks FantasyMaster.

My final image isn't the last one, unfortunately I could finish it in time. This morning I got a better composition.

Hope you like it. When I have time I will do more camera renders.

Good luck to everyone!!! It was a good challenge!

04 April 2012
great work.
i like the mood of it!
although the colors are dark your character is easy and clear to read.
great job on that.
congrats

04 April 2012
nice model, looks believable with these two heads.
textures matches the look really good and i like the colors in the final image.

04 April 2012
Great final, i like the one with the green magic

04 April 2012
i'm not sure if it is just a process thing, my display, or the image you have posted here is different than your submission.. but, this one in my opinion looks better. the glows are subtle and more defined whereas in the final post in the challenge area they seem a bit over done.

i dunno, but i actually prefer the image you have here... looks great!

04 April 2012
Thanks lukasvolg! I´m glad you like it, yes, this final image is much better than the one I submitted.

Thaks Kzin!

Thanks Oglu! yes, much better.

Hi tswalk, it´s not your screen. My final beauty render entry it was a earlier render/composition test because I couldn´t finish it on time. It could be really silly go far in the chanllege and don´t put any final entry.

Anw, I´m not gonna win, but I´m glad I finish the challenge. :P

04 April 2012
looks great! like the texture on his body!

FOLIO

04 April 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread