Fortress Door, Cesar Rizo (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Fortress Door, Cesar Rizo (2D)

Title: Fortress Door
Name: Cesar Rizo
Software: Photoshop 7.0 And My Hand!

Well, i was thinking if King Kong or some Dinasour were living in some kind of Zoo o Military Fortress,.. How that door would look like...? Well this is what it came to me.. so any coments will be welcome

08 August 2004
i like it, but...

i like ur work, but it would stand out more if you had more tones to work with. i guess to pop out certain areas of key interest. ie certain areas of highlights, dark shadows etc. but i cant give specifics im not that much of a matte painter at all. maybe someone who has more experience/knowledge can help out more. bye now.

08 August 2004
I heavely rely on this idea of graphic expression as a form of communication. I think that language not only provide us with a metaphorical approach to reality (states of mind) but also with a non so evident economy of its usage. Thus, we name things in order to describe the world we experiment. That is knowledge. Then, expression is achieved through logics. Expression in language might be accomplished through grammar as an standard protocol for understanding.

This way, logics may not only be considered to be followed in order to express ourselves efficiently, but also to be broken e.g. in order to make evidence about coherence of thought?.

Having roughly introduced this thought I would like to propose the idea of economy and logics into graphical expression.

If I am not wrong, emphasis on creating a history as a concept is what is commonly looked for coherence. However, causality as part of the discourse of history should not be the only variable to consider when approaching a concept. Remember... time can be broken as well. What would you say about space?

If our concern is about what is being said, we definitely must think about the relationship between what is being thought and what is being drawn.

We want to rejoice ourselves searching for what the artist would like to express.

If that is your goal I would rather like to see how your thoughts about those who inhabit this space express in this concept of what might be considered an interesting esthetic approach to a very symbolic architectural space.

Not only you'll have the chance to explore the logics of this first approach in terms of how this space might be experimented but also how things would or would not work. It is your call. I think you will have the chance to think about colors to support your concept as well as illumination, time, camera position etc.

You have in your hands and resources the power to develop graphic discourses... discourses thought.

08 August 2004
: )

Hello

Great work!!

I agree with animation child when he states certain areas need to be brought out of the image so there are key areas to look at. Variations in contrast, highlights and shadows.

The only negative crit i have is when i first looked at the image i did not realise that the door was so tall. I did not realsise that the corridor is like a trench and you can look down into it. It first appeared to me that the steel structure overhanging the corridor was in fact the floor of the platform which then made the door appear to me to be very wide.

I did not spot the people at first as well.

A poss way to solve this is to add lightsources. Some either on the pillars facing the viewer in the corridor to illuminate the floor or on the floor itself to illuminate the pillars. It will add more atmosphere and depth to that area.
Also to highlight the area where the people are you could just add a simple lightsource to highlight where they are standing or the topleft person in that group of 4 could be standing in front of a VDU so he is then casting a shadow.

Hope i have helped or given you any ideas.

Again good work man.

08 August 2004
nice drawing dude...like the concept...see you have some special skills with the architecture

08 August 2004
Nice concept, you have good skills with line drawing.

09 September 2004
You need to crate light sources, no place that big with all that high tech and for holding a really dangerous being like king kong or a T-rex is going to be at night without a single light bulb on. You can still do crazy things with light sources.

A piece of advise.. Closer things to the spectators point of view need thicker lines to define them... and things farther away from the spectators point of view could be defined with thiner lines... that will add depth to your images even if they are concepts.

08 August 2005
Cool scene and subject.Fine technique and design, i like it a lot.

08 August 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread