Free textured 3D torso scan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Free textured 3D torso scan

Hey guys

Were giving away another model, a textured 3D scan of a male torso.

http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php/default/freetorso

Cheers

Jamie

12 December 2012
Very generous, thanks a lot!

Nice to have handy as a 3D reference.

Cheers!

12 December 2012
thank you so much!

12 December 2012
Cheers mate, and you do know I still wanna work with you guys. You are that damn good...

MY HMC

12 December 2012
Just want to say thank you, and I think you guys are doing an amazing job. The scans look clean, and the price point is right.

I know other people have mentioned it, but I'd like to reiterate how useful an anatomy library would be. Anatomy in motion is so under represented in most educational material on the subject, and a collection of poses of the torso and limbs in various stages of movement, and tension/relaxation, would be a unique an invaluable research for riggers and modellers. Paul Richer's book has probably the cleanest collection of drawings of what I'm talking about - each limb represented in different levels of flexion and extension, pronation and supination.

Oh and while you were at it, I think it'd be a missed opportunity not to put markers on the skin, to demonstrate how much skin sliding is going on with each movement.

Well I'd buy it anyway And if you drugged and shaved a dog or a horse, and scanned that in, people might judge you, but I'd buy that too...

12 December 2012
Great stuff. This is what modelers really need, and I agree the price is good. Hopefully you will expand the library and it gets the attention!

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread