Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Eric Claeys

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Yeah, I just read over the instructions for the final entry - looks like I can still play. Yay!
Thanks everybody!

01 January 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: finishing the scene...

I have my basic composition rendered. I'm doing a bit of effects in photoshop. I'll also insert a planet in the lower left. Enjoy!

01 January 2005
Final Image: Guarding the Gateway

After having Rhino3D crash for the 20th time due to lack of memory, I finally got a decent render. The planet was rendered separately in Flamingo, altered in photoshop, and inserted into the image. Overall, I like how the image turned out. I would have loved for the scene to take place over an ancient ruined city, but that idea came too late. I tried adding explosions and missiles - in 3d and photoshop, but they really took away from the image - so I left them out. Good luck to all the other entries and thanks for all the comments!

01 January 2005
That, my friend, is incredible!!!
I really like the colors and the excellent marriage of perspective with composition. The portal and emerging beast are truly unique and fit well in the scene. It looks like a professional poster I'd see for some 3D movie. Without a doubt, you are a master!

If you are a happy employee does that make you 'gruntled'?
-Jack Handey

01 January 2005
Thanks Sharga. I emphasized the perspective to show the scale of things and direct your attention to the portal/chase. I figured the oranges and blues in the image would give it a nice contrast. The portal vortex meshes turned out alright- I was worried that they wouldn't have the right effect.

01 January 2005
hey hey man... great entry and very good composition I think... best wishes for the following Eric

01 January 2005
Great composition, like the dragon creatur, and the ship. i think you could've put mor dents or something on the ship, they look clean. Good luck though!

02 February 2005
Great Work !

Hi,

I really like your composition. Rhino 3d is a really nice, easy to use modeler.
Like to see more of your work in future. How did you get the geometry
to maya ? As OBJ or IGES ?

Greets,
maxwater

05 May 2005
WOOT! I thought I'd lost ya boyo. Great work Eric. Long time my friend, long time. Cheers!

-T.

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread