Hypershade freeze

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

10 October 2017
Hypershade freeze

Hello
I'm new in the forum and i just got the 2017 Maya version.
My problem is that when i open the hypeshade menu, the program freeces and i can't do anything. If i don't open the hypershade everything works.
I would be so grateful if someone could tell me how to fix this or why happens .
Thanks.

Sorry, i'm new and i thought i didn't posted the previous thread
Just answer one of them, thanks.

Last edited by ikkaro : 10 October 2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: posted this twice

10 October 2017
Hi
update you Driver card

phenomena2008sp1.zip

10 October 2017
or maybe try a 3D program that isn't garbage.

stick with maya, and you deal with this or other shit on a daily basis.

10 October 2017
Hi,
at the and i solved it changing to the 2017 upload 4. Now it doesen't freeze.

10 October 2017
Originally Posted by guccione: or maybe try a 3D program that isn't garbage.

stick with maya, and you deal with this or other shit on a daily basis.

You're so mad, bro.

I've been using Maya since 2004 and never have any such issues on a daily basis. Please stop Mayaing wrong.

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

11 November 2017
Originally Posted by InfernalDarkness: You're so mad, bro.

I've been using Maya since 2004 and never have any such issues on a daily basis. Please stop Mayaing wrong.
Wow you must be the only one in the world who doesn't have to still delete preferences, restart, or even start scenes over again from scratch to fix issues. You alone have no memory leaks, or display issues, and render layer overrides never fail all by themselves.

And you've obviously never used anything else to help you realize that this *garbage* is how pre-2000 software behaves, not 21st century software.

11 November 2017
Sounds like you should move on to another piece of software then, and quit complaining about an application you haven't taken the time to learn. I use several other applications as well, thanks for asking instead of just making assumptions again.

Or you can just be mad at those of us who have taken the time to learn it and use the version most stable for our productions. I use 2015 still for work and it's perfectly stable. Doesn't that just piss you off? =D

11 November 2017
Originally Posted by InfernalDarkness: Sounds like you should move on to another piece of software then, and quit complaining about an application you haven't taken the time to learn. I use several other applications as well, thanks for asking instead of just making assumptions again.

Or you can just be mad at those of us who have taken the time to learn it and use the version most stable for our productions. I use 2015 still for work and it's perfectly stable. Doesn't that just piss you off? =D
Oh ok I didn't realize I could tell my company what software to use or not use - 
Also didn't realize that I 'haven't' been using this pure crap since 2007.

"Quit comp,aining"? What, you don't want me to tell people about all the decades-old bugs? All the broken features they won't fix? So sorry 

https://www.facebook.com/Autodesk-M...60330370833332/

Judging by your silence on my questions, I guess I was right ; you don't have any considerable experience with other apps, so you really are like the crowds who admire the Emperor's new clothes.

So you think it's perfectly normal to select an light or a shader and not get light or shader properties in the attr editor ( you get a transform, or an SG ).
You think it's perfectly normal for names of objects to be completely unreadable.
You think it's just peachy that you get less functionality in your node graph than Nuke had in 2003.
You're perfectly happy with a search function that's worse than any internet browser from the last 15yrs.
You must love the way you can't use more than one viewport pane without getting the "you must choose a view to render" error, every single time you try to render ( but you've gotten used to that, right? You see - you're working for the software, instead of the other way around ).
You squeal with joy when you crash, and your recent file list reverts to what it was a week ago.
You deeply appreciate when AD executives actually tell you that this is all normal, letting you know that they have no intention of improving it.

"us who have taken the time to learn it and use the version most stable"
LOL, well, thank you. Nuke and Houdini artists can always use the latest update. Yet another Maya fuck-up that you think is normal. Getting the picture yet?

When did the new generation Maya come out btw? How many years ago? So that's 3 versions now that you can't use? Must be one marvelous software company lol

11 November 2017
"So you think it's perfectly normal to select an light or a shader and not get light or shader properties in the attr editor ( you get a transform, or an SG )."

It looks like you forgot to learn how to use the Attribute Editor.

"You think it's perfectly normal for names of objects to be completely unreadable."

Hmm, maybe you're right about this one. "pcylinder1" seems to make NO sense at all. How could we possibly know what that object is, from its name? I tried another one, "pointLight1". It's completely illegible! There's simply no way to tell what the heck that object might be.

"You think it's just peachy that you get less functionality in your node graph than Nuke had in 2003."

Now that must be REALLY rough. Heaven forbid the node graph isn't the same as a node graph from another application. Probably gonna have to kill myself now.

"You're perfectly happy with a search function that's worse than any internet browser from the last 15yrs."

Right again. It's impossible to search a complex scene using the names of the objects and nodes I created, especially by just typing in the Outliner search bar at the top!  Sooo tedious. I can't believe I have to search by typing, in 2017.

"You must love the way you can't use more than one viewport pane without getting the "you must choose a view to render" error, every single time you try to render."

I sure do love this, since this has never happened to me once. I can gladly teach you how to use Maya if you need a tutor.

"You squeal with joy when you crash, and your recent file list reverts to what it was a week ago."

I do squeal with joy since Maya almost never crashes on me, maybe a few times a year when I'm trying something absurd with massive physics calculations or instancing, and my recent project list has never reverted a single time.

"You deeply appreciate when AD executives actually tell you that this is all normal, letting you know that they have no intention of improving it."

It's very easy to deeply appreciate something that has never happened to me, especially since I don't communicate with "executives" at the company but instead discuss ideas and issues with their helpful programmers and developers instead, such as the nice folks who pop in here and elsewhere to help out.

You're just whining. Quit using Maya and find a new job, and if you do it before they fire you for absolute ineptitude you can save face and look good to your friends and family. Perhaps a grocery store nearby would hire you? Or maybe a gas station.

11 November 2017
- "It looks like you forgot to learn how to use the Attribute Editor"

You mean you're *not supposed to see an object's attributes* when you select the fucking object, in the fucking *Attribute Editor*? Maya must be even more retarded than I thought.

And of course it never occured to you that it's possible to have software with more than one attr editor, all of which update with different object types, did it? You think everyone in all of cg is stuck with only one attr editor, just because Maya users have been since the 1990's - LOL.

- "Hmm, maybe you're right about this one"

I am. You obviously didn't go to my FB page. Look in any constraint's attr, and you only get a partial name for what it's attached to. You also have to open another window entirely, to find out what the parent is. It's fucking stupid, and sloppy.

- "Heaven forbid the node graph isn't the same as a node graph from another application"

'Not the same' was not my goddamn argument, and you damn well know it. Your argument though, is apparently ; "It doesn't matter if it doesn't have the most rudimentary copy-paste nor drag-and-drop functions, it's just 'different', and that means it's just as good".

- "Right again. It's impossible to search a complex scene using the names of the objects and nodes I created, especially by just typing in the Outliner search bar at the top!  Sooo tedious. I can't believe I have to search by typing, in 2017."

And again you have to completely  misrepresent my argument. "Worse than internet browsers 15yrs ago" ≠ "impossible", at least, not on the planet earth - not sure where you're from. So tell us how it's so cool to skip the search in the Hypershade, go to the Outliner, switch off "dag objects" and then search for a shader that you need in the *Hypershade*?  Since the Hypershit is the current topic. 

- "I sure do love this, since this has never happened to me once. I can gladly teach you how to use Maya if you need a tutor"

'You' obviously need the tutor, since this garbage has been doing this for decades, and you know nothing about it. You think I just fucking invented this shit? Try using more than one pane for once in your life. J.F.C.

- "I do squeal with joy since Maya almost never crashes on me, maybe a few times a year when I'm trying something absurd with massive physics calculations or instancing, and my recent project list has never reverted a single time"

'almost never crashes on me, maybe a few times a year when - when I can't blame someone or something else for the crash'. 

I realize it's impossible to bring up crashes without unleashing smug brags about "I never crash", but that is not the subject. The subject is that Maya will never write the recent file list to disk, until you do a successful Quit. You can have it open for weeks , open two dozen files, and when you crash, the recent file list will show NONE of them. Open two maya sessions, and the recent file list from one of them will never survive.

But again, you think this is superflouos fluff, simply because your god, Maya, never gave it to you - so you don't care how tiny and cheap AD's development is, compared to other companies. And because you apparently never work so hard as to need more than one session open - where some of us have btwn 3 and 6 open at all times. Since your vision is so myopic, I'll spell it out ; Nuke opens, *updates*, and writes the recent file list to disk, every time you open another file, no matter how many you have open, it updates for all of them. This is not cutting edge or magic, although it seems to be to you and AD.

- "something that has never happened to me, especially since I don't communicate with "executives" at the company"

And again, you didn't bother to check my FB page - you just assumed that I invented that shit out of thin air. Because how can anyone who's not insane have a problem with Maya... lol

Here it is, since you're too chickenshit to go to my page ;
"In the course of a complex production, it’s possible that objects can get accidentally disconnected from their shaders ( 'LOL, tough noogies, we're not going to fix it' ). This script, findUnshadedObjects.mel, finds any unshaded objects, which can help you identify objects that have been accidentally disconnected from their shaders."
- John R. Gross, Autodesk Toronto Development Center

That's the render layer bug ( or does that only happen to me too? works perfectly for everyone else? he wrote it just for me? ). It was there when I started using this steaming pile in 2007, and guess what? It's still there in 2015. Now, why do YOU think they never fucking fixed it in over 8 years?

- "You're just whining"
Look who's talking. You've been crying with butthurt ever since your precious Maya was criticized. If Maya is so fucking wonderful, and I'm just stupid for not using it right, then why don't I have any similar problems with ANY other software, which I have LESS experience with ( indeed, how did I get hired in major vfx studios for the last 13yrs ) ? Other software, which, again, you have NEVER fucking used, so your frame of reference is as *worthless* as Maya is.

- "Quit using Maya and find a new job"

No. AD is fucking people over for thousands of $$ every day, and I'm going to tell as many people as I can. Quit coming to CGTalk if your personal identity is so wrapped up in some stupid piece of software that it freaks you out.

- "and if you do it before they fire you for absolute ineptitude you can save face and look good to your friends and family. Perhaps a grocery store nearby would hire you? Or maybe a gas station"

Fanboy-butthurt is music to my ears

Last edited by guccione : 11 November 2017 at 11:32 AM.

11 November 2017
Guccione, my dear friend... Why on Earth would I or anyone else want to check your Facebook page? We're professionals, not teenagers. But hey keep on whining about whatever if it makes you feel any better. I sincerely hope you enjoy yourself when you try to respond to people and fail so hard, because it's very amusing for the rest of us too. Everyone wins!

11 November 2017
"rest of us" - speak for yourself.

It seems there's no good place on the net to drop a good healthy maya rant without being pushed into the crazy corner like this.

11 November 2017
I'm with guccione on this. Sorry but it's true, maya is a mess. I'm actually starting to like 3ds max more. :O

12 December 2017
Originally Posted by InfernalDarkness: Guccione, my dear friend... Why on Earth would I or anyone else want to check your Facebook page? We're professionals, not teenagers. 

So "professional", but refuses to look at any pages on the topic of... MAYA. lol, like I said; chickenshit! Professionals are willing to discuss and criticize their tools - you are not.

You know who balks at any criticism of the inanimate objects they've fallen in love with, and wages troll-wars over them? Who makes up excuses, and dismisses facts for no reason? Teenagers.

I even *spoon-fed* you what you refused to go and look at for yourself - and your only response is to reiterate that you won't look at it. Are you a Trump supporter too?

- "enjoy yourself when you try to respond to people and fail so hard"

How have I failed here? Just because you act the provebial pigeon who shits on the chessboard and struts around like the victor, doesn't mean that you've refuted anything I've said, and you haven't. 'You' have in fact, failed.

So "Congrats" for doing nothing but confirming why Autocrap doesn't need to bring their garbage out of the 20th century ; fanboys like yourself, who have no idea, or interest, what good software looks like past the year 2000.

12 December 2017
Sounds good to me, buddy. Welcome to the Internet.

reply share thread