Maya texture problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Maya texture problem

Hi all! I'm new with Maya and i tried a tutorial for minecraft animations, but on the tutorial the guy makes a cube and the Cube is all grey, when i do that the cube is transparent:

How could this be fixed?

Thanks luckie12

07 July 2013
Got it fixed, but i messed up the UV MAPPING i dont have that box anymore to go over the texture And i cant get rid of that white crazy lines:

Ty luckie12

07 July 2013
yeah the default is wireframe click on the little blue shaded cube in the icon bar of the viewport

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by luckie12: Hi all! I'm new with Maya and i tried a tutorial for minecraft animations, but on the tutorial the guy makes a cube and the Cube is all grey, when i do that the cube is transparent:

How could this be fixed?

Thanks luckie12

In Maya, press 'F1' for all your answers.

07 July 2013
But i have the problem @ UV Mapping the box to go over the texture to select the region for that face is gone

This box:

Last edited by luckie12 : 07 July 2013 at 09:36 AM.

07 July 2013
---deleted---

Last edited by LyrickCZE : 07 July 2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Approved after long tim

07 July 2013
Well, I see that "box" there, covering most of your texture (two lines near the top and two lines at the side borders of your texture).

To re-map your face, first make sure that you only select your face in the viewport.
Then you need to assign a material to that face, to be able to map that face separately from your object. In that material, load up your texture.

Then, open up your UV Editor, hold down RMB and select UV.

Then drag your selection over all four vertices of your face, and use Scale (r) and Move (w) tools to position them to match the part of the texture.

Keep in mind that in order to be able to separately UV Map different faces of your object, each face needs to have it's own material...

So instead of mapping each face, you most likely want to map whole object or part of the object at once. For example, to map all 6 sides of the face cube, you want something like this>

Ideally, since you have texture file for you whole character, you want to map your whole character at once, instead of just head or single face..

Oh and btw, since we are working with extremely low resolution images, you probably want to turn on pixel snap before moving your UVs (UV Editor - Image menu - Pixel Snap)

P.S. To make it look like more Minecrafty in your viewport, go to Viewport menu - Shading Options - Hardware Texturing (click on the square to go to options) and choose Texture Filter - Unfiltered.

Note to other readers> Please correct me if I'm wrong on anything. I'm newbie too, just trying to help. Solving other's people problems helps me learn.

Last edited by LyrickCZE : 07 July 2013 at 05:16 PM.

07 July 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWd3jyccCVg

This guy seems to have a good Maya MC tut series. Maybe this is the one you're using, but give it a look.

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread