CG Or Motion Desig

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
CG Or Motion Desig

Hi guys i have little dilemma here i am 33 years old man with no education at all just high school diploma, never went to collage, i am not saying that i am dumb or anything its just i went to work. One year ago i discovered this 3d, motion design, visual effects art. So for several months i been looking creeping in 3d websites looking at peoples work and getting basic idea what it is all about. I am planing to get in to this industry because it interests, i love the art side of it and creating something out of nothing. I am interested in motion design and at the same time special effects i know that those two fields are different things one for broadcast another for film. my questions are if you can please answer. i am planing to devote 3 years of learning it my self. My questions are when it comes to vfx and motion design is

1- Is there such think as safe profession one over the other. When it comes to jobs
2- Family i read some place if you are getting in to vfx expect your wife to leave you because
of all the time being devoted to a project.
3- In 3 year period which one would be more reasonable to learn and get a job in the industry.
4- which in has more of the potential to getting a full time job instead of being a freelancer, job security and so on.

Thanks

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread