Master and Servant 3D Entry: Diego Velasco-De Armas

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Oh wow, i'm sorry I haven't seen this one before. I think it's a very well executed image, and a great concept to start with. The textures really sell this one for me, well as the cool cloudy effect.

05 May 2005
Diego,

Congratulations man. I saw you running against the clock and you made it! Great job for the short amount of time you had. Nice final image. Good luck

Peace,
Kris

05 May 2005
thanks for all the comments!

Thanks again to all who took the time to reply to this thread and give me some feedback on the progress of my image. I know that the final image has already been submitted, but I still feel like polishing it a bit. I worked a few hours on the bump/texturing/shading of the demon, and I'm posting the results on this thread:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=241829

Next is the kid's expression, and toning down a bit the light in the middle of the room.

Also, I wrote something on the other thread about the composition of the image that is interesting to note, as it was already part of the finished image-

The only point on which I disagree with you is the doorway. For me, it does a couple of things for the picture: 1) gives it some breathing room, with the area in the back contrasting with the amount of detail in the front. It would probably look pretty cramped if that weren't the case. And 2) there's a mirroring effect going on- two exits, so to speak: one in the actual world, to the left, and another (the tunnel) in the escapist imaginary world, _into_ the subconscious, to the right. Two choices, in contrast with each other. I like that idea. It looked too empty before the rug, but I thought that the rug fixed that.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S
/ Spectacular + WIP / Steampunk

05 May 2005
impressive work! great texturing and lighting ! good luck

05 May 2005
Thumbs up super work

hi dvelasco

Super final image, congrats, I missed your thread until the end, I love your post effects
and the concept is wonderful, I thought the boy might be slightly off balance, its only a small thing, love the deatils and lighting
good luck, hope to see more of your work in the next challenge!

Patina

My M-S, the hunchback,
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge...challenger=7495

05 May 2005
Hi Patina, Smaddl! I'm happy that you liked the end result. I'm looking forward to being a regular at these contests .

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S
/ Spectacular + WIP / Steampunk

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread